1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

UMS 5.0 editor

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by ultra.x, May 22, 2011.

1. ultra.x

ultra.x

Resources:
    Resources:
    UMS 5.0 editor -blizzard updates ??

As we are all aware we have had another update. Now my map that i have spent ages is can only work on UMS becuase of the ecessive doodads e.g. However would the editor remain uneffected ? Or disabled ?

Also another small question: Life tends to make itself a hassle, and if im using ecessive doodad/destructible on the map would it still be enabled on b.net. Remember the memory of the map is under 8MB.

Yours faithfully Ultra.x IV

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What the hell is your problem?
    Do you really expect people to help you 25 minutes after your post? Not everyone here uses UMSWE, not everyone is aware of the update.
    And now you're being a dick towards... basically everyone here, just because you don't have any patience at all?

Also, the allowed time to double-post is 48 hours after your initial post. You had to wait 47 hours and 35 minutes more to be allowed to do that.

I can tell you that you can play the map on b.net without any problems.
    The only thing that will increase is the loading time, the game won't slow down as doodads don't create any net traffic.

And what do you mean with "Would the editor remain uneffected? Or disabled?"?
    The regular WE can still open the map, but can't save it. JNGP just doesn't care about the amount of doodads if you set it to unlimited.

3. ultra.x

ultra.x

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do apoligise for my ill attitude, iam not a patient person and i was shouting at my cat for shiting on the kitchen counter and thus i was a bit ill tempered. However with that problem behind us the main concern is that if a blizzard update has taken place then couldnt that effect the UMS editor. I have heard that certain updates can render these editors useless. Exept for the normal editor.

I may be wrong however i would test it but my hosting capabillities have been taken away, again and i need to do all the I.P stuff but i dont want to right now.

Your sincerly Ultra.x

4. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since you're just using UMSWE to create unlimited doodads, there should be no problems when Blizz creates another update.
    Mainly because Blizz doesn't do any significant updates anymore either way.

The only problem that could occur is another coding update (such as the well-known path 1.24).
    I doubt they'll ever do anything like that again though.

5. ultra.x

ultra.x

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not just having unlimited doodads. There are triggers n stuff. + cred

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    destructables will slow the opperation of some triggers down as they consume handle indicies. Having 20000 destructables will be simlar in performance to having leaked 20000 locations but in this case it is not really a leak. For the most part this should cause no performance problems at all except on systems with poor memory or if you enum a lot of destructables constantly.

Doodads are different from destructables as they are not a type of widget and such do not affect triggers (well I am not sure but they might not be given a handle ID).

There are 2 things that are a real problem with too many doodads/destructables.
    1. Poor visual performance. Especially if in high density they can cause slower systems to have to skip frames due to excessive graphic update time. This can result in lag if the frame rate drops below a tolerable level.
    2. Possible fatal error. Some systems of WC3 have hard coded limits and it has been seen quite often that having 40000 destructables will cause the game to just crash with a memory error. This is only really a problem if you create a lot via triggers.