• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Umbras Footmen Wars

Is this map interestin anyone or is it just me?

• Sounds cool but it is impossible to beat Waugriffs map

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea what you are talking about

• Your map idea sucks and is copying Waugriff

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
IF YOU LOOK AT THIS POST YOU MUST VOTE! I DONT CARE IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT THERE IS ACOICE FOR THAT. SO IF YOU VIEW THIS POST YOU MUST VOTE PLEASE!

I am making a great map i hope and will need to do testing for it when it is done. The only thing left is the trigger that DarkShadow is working on for me. PM me if you want to help test and distribute the map on B-Net. thx--AlphaChicken

Post ideas and comments here
The map is based off Waugriffs Footmen Wars

If you read this post please vote.
And if you vote the "Your map idea sucks and is copying Waugriff" then i want to tell you the map idea isnt origianl but everthing in it is. And also it's impossible to copy it directly because Waugriffs maps are protected.

Level 5
what do you mean? i used the sell command, ability upgrades for footmen, a research that lets you get super footies (knights) , password heros, and gates with levers. all this came from waugriffs footmen wars. how is that not based off his. and also is this a problem? i mean the smaller details within these categories are original. should i make it original?

Level 7
should add some extra-features (never mind my sig :wink: ) and original ideas, which make your map different to e.g. waugriffs or pantokrator's (yes, your footman wars is really good, panto :wink: ). for example, u could add wandering merchants/mercanaries which u can hire, or sth. like this.

Level 5
I thought up of some ideas for my footmen war that arent in waugriffs.

1 - i want to have bosses that can be choosable but. so if a unit has ___ item and steps into a circle of power it takes the item and summons the boss in a region. how do i do this i can do the unit steps on circle thing but not with the item part too.

2 - based on what altar you choose i want the main base to be able to convert units (non hero) into the better melee unit for that race. eg undead=aboms, human=knight, NE=bear, orc=tauren. is it possible to give the town hall the ability with a trigger? or does it already have to have it then make available with trigger?

Level 5
ok how do i do the second trigger then? i need to know because i need things that werent in waugriffs. is it possible to do this without giving the barracks the abilities but disabled and then enebleing them through trigs? because then these disabled abilities will take up space that i dont have. so tell me how please.

Level 13
AlphaChicken said:
2 - based on what altar you choose i want the main base to be able to convert units (non hero) into the better melee unit for that race. eg undead=aboms, human=knight, NE=bear, orc=tauren. is it possible to give the town hall the ability with a trigger? or does it already have to have it then make available with trigger?

Till now I didn't get the whole idea behind it (you know, currently only footies spawn on your map)

Do you want the barracks be able to have an ability that:
1. Changes existing units to specific ones, but the barracks still spawn footies
2. Make the barracks be able to spawn units from different races (e.g. no footies, but ghouls)
3. Anything different

PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.