• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footmen Madness

What name would you choose for my map?

• Footmen Madness

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Footmen Frenzy Resurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revived Footmen Frenzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crazy Footmen

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello everybody, once again! After a lot time, her I come again with a new project almost complete. It is a :wsmile: FOOTMEN FRENZY MAP impued with DotA, Footmen Frenzy (older versions), Angel Arena and maybe some TD features. It will be a map released for the Christmas Holidays so I want it done before 2008! I know it sounds stupid, but I want to ask you for the name and fore some heroes. I also want comments!

Map Name - I want you to tell me which name you like best:
Footmen Madness
Footmen Frenzy Resurrection
Revived Footmen Frenzy
Crazy Footmen
(plz vote in the poll)
Any other suggestions are accepted as well!

Heroes - I just want to ask how many do you think I should have for the first version!

Items - Are 20 recipes and about 40 other items enough?

Ideas - I need some ideas for further developing the map!

Opinion and Comments - What do you think of it?

Level 10
Well DotA and Footmen Frenzy means you have the tier building that can be upgraded and some defensive structures outside your base. These structures work like the ancient protectors, but they can it's not necessary to destroy them. Also, the most important part will be the Heroes, some of them are DotA-like. You will be able to buy tons of items for your Hero, who will play the most important role. The fact is that you command the biggest army you could evere imagine, because after level 3 you get 3 units per spawn (which is 8 secs)! This means you will be able to push hard on your enemies and kill thousands of troops (i will make a leaderboard for this maybe). Another fact is that you can buy recipes to craft items, that will cost much, but will benefit you even more! Also an Arena event is added, as well as some creep spawn modes maybe which means: every 3-4 mins Trolls/Gnolls etc. will attack your camp. If you are wise and you have the troops you need to push them, you can rush on enemies and save your tier which may be almost down!

Last Features added:
-Shopping Area (uses way gate to get there and has recipes and some items)
-Arena event (every 4 mins a battle occurs giving the ones who survive extra gold!)
-Healer unit in Tier 5 (when you get Tier 5 you can create a supportive caster to heal your troops)
-Icons for items (most from Hive thanks to the community)
-Life Upgrade (gives Footmen extra HP)

Map completed about 60%, BUT the hard parts are left far behind! I mean that I only need to create crafted items, recipes and triggers on them, some more terrain art and some abilities maybe. So the other 40% needs about a week or two to be completed, so I will have the map done for Christmas. Keep voting for the name! Thx for help with this!

Quick review:
Well, the map is something that has been made again, but this time it focuses on epic battles and wants to support Hero use more than ever. The Heroes will be really strong troops with many items to choose from and will be able to change outcome of the battle! This means WAR!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Level 10
I believe this one will be a little diefferent, but I want your support. I need ideas on items, armies, skills etc. An idea I had was to make it a tactics battle, based on the cover (e.g. there's a ruined area where units can hide, make units take less damage and do more damage or improve range tc.). It will take lot of time for this so I actually focus on sending an Alpha version now (it's about 70% complete now)! So, tel me your ideas to know what I may do in my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.