• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ultimate Dodgeball

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
ULTIMATE DODGEBALL

Version 1.0 beta now has...
------------------------------------------
Modes

3 main modes
5 add-on modes
7 secret add-on details/funny
-------------------------------------------
Hero's

10 hero's (and more to come)
2 secret hero's (hero's with higher movement speed)
-------------------------------------------
Other

-Fully operational ball functions (grab, thrown, etc)
-If a player leaves then all units owned by him are removed
-Loading screen
-Dialogue system instead of move-in-circle picking
-Sound effects from old versions of dodgeball to bring back that old school feel
-rebound off of walls instead of importing systems
--------------------------------------------
More to come

-More hero's
-less lag
-optimized map
-faster loading time
-More modes (secret, add-on and normal)
-Website for this game
-Email Address to contact me
-less lag
-Bugs and hacks and whatever else I can do
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1 (realesed no beta ) is finally HERE
Whats new
-------------------------------
2 new modes
Map optimized
Fixed only player 1 can play problem
Less lag (hopefully )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1 (Fixed)
Whats new
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-rematch remakes the game
3 minute cd on rez (Rez now works)
-wtf to spawn balls (If they don't spawn)

If you guys find something wrong then please notify me immediately on Th.net or where ever else you can find me

Credit to all creators of all type of dodgeball games (All credit due to pOe_Junk & RoD-DemoN, the people who created the map of which i based my triggers off of)

Keywords:
dodge, ball, ULTIMATE, by, A_E_I_OWNED_U, (Dragon_Lancer),
Contents

Ultimate Dodgeball (Map)

Reviews
12:58, 28th Jun 2009 Linaze: Bad terrain, boring gameplay, blurry loading screen and contains memory leaks, Rejected.

M

12:58, 28th Jun 2009
Linaze: Bad terrain, boring gameplay, blurry loading screen and contains memory leaks, Rejected.

Level 5
I updated the Game by fixing a few things and adding a useful command and a fun command, I also added 2 important modes for people who are noob at dodgeball. I will soon be able to make a rematching system and one day an AI system (If anyone is good with AI message me and show me what you can do. If I like it all add you to map credits and map loading screen stuff :grin:)

Level 17
Ultimate Dodgeball is a map that tries to bring the sport of dodgeball into Warcraft 3.

A few visual errors were hard to miss before the game even started. The player settings weren't fixed, and the loading screen had a terribly low resolution. While the terrain was fitting for dodgeball, it lacked any form of creativity in that aspect.

The gameplay was fun at times, but became really boring after a few minutes. I liked how it was highly configurable (speed, etc..), but the collision on the dodge balls felt way off. There were a few occasions where it seemed a direct hit somehow missed me. I was also unsure of the differences between the heroes. They all seemed the exact same, save for the model file. You could hit allies with the balls, which definitely needs to be fixed.

Rating: 1.5 and not recommended for approval.

My Recommendations:
Prevent allies from being hit from the balls.
Remove the current loading screen, or find a new one.
Try something creative the terrain.
Use a physics engine for the balls (not really a possibility unless you know JASS).