• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ulteama Character Introductions #1: Agendon's Tale

Please read the thread first to understand what this poll is about.

• Maladaisu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baradin Lightbringer

• Captain O'Brien

• Dokun, Lightning Wielder

• Darius

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The Blessed Trio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey Hive!

To introduce you to the world of Ulteama, I have decided to begin giving you a portion of lore about the main characters. The first series of these introductions will be "Humanity's Heroes". This series will detail seven of humanity's greatest defenders, their back story and how they became protectors of innocents and fighters of great power.

So without further ado, the first chapter of "Humanity's Heroes" begins.

The cold, dead hand wrapped around her throat. She couldn't breathe, nor feel any life in her body. The fiend in front of her, the grotesque creature, held it's grasp and smiled. Then the point of a blade slowly entered her chest. She screamed and thrashed but the creature was too strong. It pinned her to the ground, slapped her hard across the face, and withdrew a small dagger. The sadistic fiend began cutting it's name into her forehead. She wept and screamed, but couldn't be heard over the roaring fires and other screams.

"No!"

The creature looked up in time to see a huge blade cleave through half of it's face. It reared back in pain and panic, holding the spot where part of it's head once was. Green blood splashed over the burning ground, and the creature screamed. It howled into the night, and then fell. Instead of hitting the ground, it sunk through.

And suddenly she felt warm hands holding her shoulders. A tear dropped onto her pale white face, and she opened her eyes to see Agendon. Grey skin from demonic corruption, he held her and wept.

"No," he whispered. She wanted to kiss him, or at least hold him one last time, but she couldn't move her body. She couldn't speak. And in just a moment, she left him forever.

He sat there for another hour, hiding from the undead creatures that ran past, setting fire to houses and murdering townsfolk. Until he noticed the bleeding scars on her forehead. Agendon wiped ash off with his hand.

"Hunter". Agendon's hand on the sword hilt tightened, and he stood with her in his arms, and he walked. He walked through the burning ruin of the city, past hundreds of thousands of dead, and out into the flaming forests. He walked for over three days without rest until he could no longer see the city where he had grown up.

The journey got easier as time went by. Agendon would've liked to believe it was because he was getting stronger carrying her body, but he knew it was probably because her body was getting lighter.

Finally he reached a small building in the middle of a grove of trees. It was sturdy and comfortable, and he was amazed he still remembered the path to it. He went inside, grabbed a spade, and lay her body on the bed. Then he went outside and dug. It took him a while, because the ground was tough compared to the soft forest dirt elsewhere. But he wanted this spot. This was where they had met, so long ago.

After he buried her, he didn't cry. He couldn't, it didn't seem possible.

"Goodbye," he said. He said it to her, but he could feel himself sinking. Giving up, losing all hope. He saw the dagger on the table while he was seated on the bed, and grabbed it. He could've been saying it to himself.

He raised the weapon. He closed his eyes.

The dagger plummeted towards his chest. He expected pain, but maybe it didn't hurt. But he didn't even feel it. He opened his eyes to see a hand wrapped around the blade of the weapon.

"How can you avenge her if you are gone?" said a voice. Agendon looked up to a tall man with an old face. Despite his appearance, he moved gracefully and was wrapped in rich garments of white and gold. Across his back was a huge great sword. But the most telling feature was his ears, taller than Agendon's hand at least, and pointed at the top.

"You're an elf," he said, standing. It wasn't that he hadn't seen an elf before, it was that he didn't trust them. It was an elf who corrupted his physical body.

"Yes. A high elf, in fact."

"Then why aren't you on Galadur?" he asked. Galadur was the huge mountain range separating Dai'Trell, the human kingdom, from the ocean in the west. It was also the home to the high elves, or Galadurians.

"I saw the fire."

"Of course. Then you came to help!" Agendon thought for a minute, remembering what the elf had said, and spoke up. "How did you know I wanted to avenge her?"

"Because I was there when it happened."

"It killed her. He killed her, whoever he is."

The elf walked out of the house, and Agendon followed. They walked to her grave, but Agendon stayed further behind.

"It was a creature of death," said the elf. "A sadistic, malefic fiend that wants only power and pain brought to his enemies. It is called the Hunter, because the Undead rarely have proper names."

"Names... what is your name?"

"Maladaisu. And you are Agendon."

Something about the elf's name struck a memory, or a thought, in Agendon's mind. He knew that name.

He looked up, but the elf was gone. Agendon searched for half an hour, but couldn't find Maladaisu anywhere. He looked up at the sunset and smiled. The elf had left but it had given him something he would never lose. He had given Agendon hope.

He had to avenge her death. And to do so, he had to find the Hunter. Maladaisu had mentioned it being a creature of the Dead, so it was only fact that it would be in the Underworld. He grabbed his sword and began to run down the path to the Elder City, about six days walking from here. But he stopped.

He had cleaved the creature's head in half. If that wasn't enough to kill it, he didn't know what was. It couldn't be alive still. And yet, in Agendon's heart he knew it. The creature had managed to escape and heal itself.

So there we have it. The story of Agendon, who will go on to be a defender of humanity. Whether he avenges her death or not is another story, but Agendon plays a large role in future events. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter of "Humanity's Heroes".

I'm not sure how well it will go, but I'd like to have a vote on what character to do next. I will explain them in a short sentence here, and if you'd like to vote on the poll above, that would be great.

King of the Elves, Maladaisu's story begins straight after Agendon's, and why he left so abruptly for a great and noble cause.

Baradin was once a farmhand who worked for a group of sadistic bandits. He overcomes them and travels up a dangerous mountain to restore a powerful relic of the gods.

O'Brien was formerly the captain of the human kingdom, but he fell in a battle with orcs. He was resurrected by the gods and given immortality. His story tells of a fight between him and a creature of death called Dark.

Dokun's story details his journey into a deadly ruin to fight a lich that destroyed his parents' town and murdered them. He finds a relic of the gods and becomes the servant of a mighty dragon.

Darius' story is perhaps the most different. He was stolen from a city and experimented on by a powerful being. The experimentation failed, but the gods saved him from death and he became a wielder of fire and rage.

These three warriors were once angels who fell in battle. Mageraon, Lord of Death, tried to merge their souls to create a powerful creature, but their faith in light saved them. They are now mortal humans, fighting a group of powerful gargoyles known as Death's Gargoyles.

Last edited:
Level 6
Pretty good! Is it me or do I see a writting style close to mine?? The beggining is a bit confusing, perhaps you should try to improve that...

Mistakes/Sugestions:
Agendon would liked to have believed it was because he was getting stronger carrying her body, but he knew it was probably because her body was getting lighter.

shouldn't this be "would've liked to believe"?

Agendon looked up to a tall man with an old face. But he moved gracefully and was wrapped in rich garments of white and gold.

Using "But" in this context isn't the best choice, I'd say. Something like "... a tal man who looked old, though he moved gracefully. He was wrapped in rich garments..." or "... a tal man with na old face. Despite his appearance, he moved gracefully..."

Besides this, it looks good. + rep. Also, I think you'd do well to improve the storyline of your characters, intertwine their stories, getting them common objectives, stuff like that...

Level 3
Firstly, thanks for the feedback.

shouldn't this be "would've liked to believe"?

Yes it should, I think. Thank you for pointing that out.

Using "But" in this context isn't the best choice, I'd say. Something like "... a tal man who looked old, though he moved gracefully. He was wrapped in rich garments..." or "... a tal man with na old face. Despite his appearance, he moved gracefully..."

Besides this, it looks good. + rep. Also, I think you'd do well to improve the storyline of your characters, intertwine their stories, getting them common objectives, stuff like that...

I agree with your first statement about the sentence. I'll get around to changing that pretty soon. As for the intertwining stories, there will be time for that later. These are simply individual character introductions as to how they became warriors and heroes. Despite there sometimes being other notable characters in the story, they will not all be intertwined. Some events can and will be intertwined though. For example, the Undead Invasion on Agendon's city will be the same invasion that will play a major, or minor, part in other stories. Additionally, though I cannot say who, one of the other major human characters will be attacked by the Hunter after the fight with Agendon.

Thanks for the feedback, it is welcomed. +Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.