• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everflame - A Blood Elven Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to expand my writing abilities (though how limited they are) I decided to write about everyone's favorite elves, the Blood Elves, plus one of my friends is nagging me to write a novel. So, I decided that the Hive would be a nice place to start out my fan fiction. I wil try to add a bit more everyday!

Contents
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Innia glanced around furtively around her, all she could see was the dark Eversong Woods, drawing her in closer and closer until she felt that the forest was all but a black void. The cold fingers of fright crawled up her back as footsteps were heard from behind, a subtle crunch on the fallen leaves.

Innia tensed; awaiting the approacher. She was frozen there, her hand suspended in right above her sheath, as if she was going to remove the dagger that was in it but was too scared to. The sound of whoever was approaching grew louder and louder, until ,finally, Innia regained her courage and whirled with a lumiscent poniard aimed for the person's head.

A strong hand gripped her wrist as it was held high. Innia gasped and dropped the dagger, which clambered to the forest floor.

"Relax, it's me."

Innia turned red with embaressment, and pulled her hand free, shuffling her feet and looking down. "Wha-, what are you doing out here?" she stammered out of confusion.

"First, tell me what you are doing out here." He looked at her with stern green eyes. He was tall and athletic, standing around six feet. He shook his semi-long black hair and readjusted his right pauldron piece, abesently mindedly, waiting for a response.

"Visiting a grave," her tone had a soft and mournful atomsphere as she picked up her dagger and sheathed it. "My little brother's. Died when the plague was circulating after the siege. It's been five years since then."

The other Blood Elf nodded grimly, shaking a lock of black hair away from his face. "Ok. I guess it is my turn. I came out here to find you."

"Taladnarn, but why?"

"We all have our unsaid reasons." He turned slightly to the right and pointed north, the jingle of chainmail slightly echoing through the wood. "We better get back to the city."

Innia looked up at the sky, the moon eerily overhead, and realized just how late it was. "The gates are closed by now. I left a couple hours ago before the curfew."

"After all these years..." Taladnarn put a three fingers to his forehead, slightly shaking it back and forth. "After being an urchin before I enlisted, I knew several ways to get around. Lucky that General Brightwing needed more troops after the siege, otherwise, I probably still would be on the streets. Now c'mon, let's go."

Taladnarn nudged her on the back and walked back to the city, keeping a path by the Dead Scar. Something was wrong. He loked grim, more saddended than usual. His presence was depressing, he just looked horrible, his eyes showed heavy imsomnia as they reflected in the moonlight. He walked with a slight slump, even though that he was still about a head taller than she was.

"So," Innia fiddled with her fingers as she spoke. "How's Jalinde?"

"I don't know, the last time I saw her was years back. She's somewhere far away. I don't worry about her so much. I am sure she is fine."' Taladnarn knew that she was dead.He did not want to tell her that she died three years ago on the shores of Kalimdore, where her evacuation ship crashed. With the curse and the painful memories, it was best not to tell her any sad news. He was suprised her soul was not yet ripped into fragments.

He stared foward; watching something shift on a roof, then disappear. "Listen, we can't go to the city right now."

"Why?" Innia cocked her head in a naive fashion.

"Look at that." Taladnarn pointed to flames that started to climb the buildings of Silvermoon, infernoes rising higher and higher, releasing to the sky like hellfire burning into a lake of black steel, blazing so furiously that she honestly thought the moon would catch fire.

"Dammit," Taladnarn glanced around frantically, reaching for the sword on his back simatinously. "I'll be back."

He jumped onto a lower wall, scaling one of the great towers on the south side, until he was level with the flames. It was wreckage up here, fire engulfing the proud city, as the arsenist swiftly hopped from one roof to another, a mere shadow among the inferno.

Taldnarn followed in close pursuit, dodging falling shingles and bricks as they slowly burned away, deeper and deeper into the blaze, the black figure nimbly avoiding the curses that roared through the night as the young blood elf frantically try to catch it. Taldnarn was panting, still dashing and leaping from roof to roof, finally catching his prey; a Sentinel, far from her home in Kalimdor.

"This is the Eastern Kingdoms now. Leave." Taladnarn casually rested his claymore on his shoulder, stepping closer and closer to the Night Elf.

"I will finish the task, then I am gone," she spat back before rushing towards him.

The blood elf was startled for a moment, hesitantly, he stepped sideways, narrowly avoiding the wreath of daggers that would have torn his chest to ribbons, countering with a blow to the neck with his sword. She sprang backwards, twirling midair before hurling a barrage of knives, knocked to the side by his claymore.

Last edited:
Level 12
I really dont know what im doing here...But i liked that.Maybe its not too exciting but i read a crapload of books and i must say that you have a nice way with words.

Status
Not open for further replies.