• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UI v1.5

uilogo-png.394060

ui-png.394058

interface-v2-png.425715

intro-png.394057

UI is, well, a new minimal, unit focused UI for the game. The idea behind it is to hide most UI elements of the screen and allow the players to see more of the game itself, while still providing the most important functionalities for a unit focused map. This being my first UI design ever you might find a bug at some point, so please, if this happen let me know right away. UI requires patch 1.32+.

importing-png.394056

Importing UI is pretty simple, first you must import all 6 assets in the test map to yours and set their paths to exactly like in the test map:

uiassets-png.394059

After that go to the Trigger Editor and copy the UI library over to your map as well. UI requires the RegisterPlayerUnitEvent and GetMainSelectedUit libraries (vJASS and Lua) and onInit library as well (Lua only), so if you do not have them already, copy them as well. That's it, you done.

VERY IMPORTANT:
UI requires you to have the default game UI enabled, so if you are using mods like the Quenching Interface that alters the default game UI elements, disable them. UI also requires you to use only specific position of the Command Card. By default the Attack, Move, Hold, Stop and Patrol buttons are hidden (You can still use them through hotkeys) so only the other 7 buttons are visible. For Hero units who can learn abilities this is very important because you will need to change the Research(X,Y) positions of the abilities that can be learned.

grid-jpg.394055

uiposition-png.394061

The order of the visible buttons of the Command Card, from left to right are: (3,1) (0,2) (1,2) (2,2) (3,2) (1,1) (2,1).
I tested this using 2 clients over a local area network so this should be desync safe.

KNOWN BUGS
  • Starting the game while it is minimized bug the original UI for the player with the game minimized.
v2_1-png.425716

v2_2-png.425717

v2_3-png.425718

credits-png.394054

• Tasyen

(v1.0)
  • Release
(v1.1)
  • Included the GetMainSelectedUnit library
  • fixed a bug of the Health/Mana persisting after player not owned unit is deselected
  • 2 new global configuration variables:
    • GOLD_ICON: When different than an empty string will overwrite the gold icon
    • LUMBER_ICON: When different than an empty string will overwrite the lumber icon
(v1.2)
  • Fixed the bonus stats of a hero not showing up.
(v1.3)
  • Included a configuration to show the Shop Items/Units
  • Checking the Top Right check box will also show Food and Upkeep values
(v1.4)
  • Replaced the use of BlzFrameSetFrameSize with BlzFrameSetScale since the last patch breaks it.
(v1.5)
  • New variants of the Interface (v2 and v3). v3 is a larger version of v2
Contents

UI (Map)

UI (Map)

UI (Map)

UI (Map)

UI (Map)

UI (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
Are you tired of designing your maps with the old game UI? Do the large-scale battles feel too cluttery for you to enjoy? Don't look any further, this is the right UI for you. With an interesting re-arrangement of what you can get from old game UI...
Level 8
Great looking UI, can't seem to manage to get it to work alongside spellbooks though (item based or ability based). Even when adjusting ability positions in the grid or filling the entire spellbook up. When a spellbook is used it seems to just provide the option to cancel the spellbook but provide none of the abilities within. Would anybody happen to know a work around?
I would agree on that maybe someone could look into that. i tried finding a way to fix it but the Spellbook Abilities just wont show. bump pls

Level 39
Which UI frame holds the error text for things like "build more farms" and "not enough gold"? Such messages are hidden by this UI overhaul, but I do not see any code that obviously hides those. After mucking about I identified this line from the onInit method:
JASS:
call BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(BlzGetFrameByName("ConsoleUI", 0), FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.0, 0.633)
With this commented I can see the errors (of course the whole UI is nonfunctional but that's not the point), but as far as I can tell all that does is move one of the console UI's anchor points a little bit? The ConsoleUI frame is not referenced anywhere else in the library so I don't see how this one line can control the visibility of whatever holds the error text.

I don't need this personally I'm just trying to help someone retain such error messages when using this UI overhaul.

I would agree on that maybe someone could look into that. i tried finding a way to fix it but the Spellbook Abilities just wont show. bump pls
Probably the way spell book position abilities ignore the ability slots. Try adding 5 dummy abilities followed by the actual abilities.