• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] UD Hero Balancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

I am working on a themed altered melee map, in which the timeline has shifted from TFT era to Pre WoW Clasic era. As a result of this theme Dreadlord and Pitlord got booted from the game.

In their place I have 2 new heroes, both housed at the Altar of Darkness;

Deathbringer: Carrion Swarm, Howl of Terror, Vampiric Aura, Avatar

San'layn Tactician:Call of the Haunted (summons zombies), Sleep, Unholy Vigor (variation of Roar, which only gives bonuses to health regen and armor), Inferno(changed visuals of the spell to make it look like Ice Crown Citated catapults a giant meat golem to the map)

At level 1, Unholy Vigor bosts Armor and Health Regen by the same amount level 2 Devotion and Unholy Aura would (to both living and undead units), with the caviat that the bonus is temporary and subject to dispel.

Would you guys argue that having the summon for creep jacking + this Unholy Vigor spell a good enough tool kit to justify going Tactician over DK 1st?

Also, in regards to Deathbringer, could you see him picked second over Lich due to Howl of Terror + Vamipirc Aura setup to increase survivability of army?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm not much for melee/balance stuff like this, but I'll just say that a lot of your questions really have to be answered via play-testing. Theorycrafting/theorizing 'on paper' can only take you so far. So grab a friend & jam a few games, making sure to pick those heroes & test out the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.