• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

U-N-I-T-S casting spell -----------==

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can anyone tell me how to create a trigger that let neutrals cast spell (not bloodlust or frost armor)

example i hav this neutral unit i want when he is attacked he will cast blizzard,flamestrike,rain of fire(one of them)
hehe or any other spell coz i cant figure it out my self
simple ones pls and leakless

and teach me a trigger that can make any spell auto cast

Level 11
There is a group of actions that starts with "Unit - Issue Unit...".
In this case when you want a spell which you select a special point and not another unit nor doesn't need any target to cast.

Select your base spell that you've created your spell from. Let's say you've created a spell called 'Explosion' from the flamestrike ability, then use 'Human Bloodmage - Flamestrike' for the action.

So the trigger will look like this:

Event
Unit - Unit is attacked

Conditions
Attacking Unit is equal to <YOUR UNIT NAME>

Actions
Unit - Issue unit to Human Bloodmage - Flamestrike Position of Attacked unit.

Level 11
Fjury, it's leak, but I'm sure you can produce the leakless version of it, please, be his guest =D

I bet that I'll have to add the special point into a variable and then use that custom script as the last action to set the variable to null?

I've otherwise no clue how that really works :S

Edit: Custom script: Call_removelocation_<variable_name> or something is that script.

Level 11
Thank you Defskull, but I can't download your map right now, I'm using one ofmy school's computers and I don't think my teachers appreciate that I download stuff to it, especiality when I've no use for it here, since we don't have wc3 installed :D

Level 33
Here's the full trigger from my map:
  • NC Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Blood Mage
    • Actions
      • Set AttackingLoc = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike AttackingLoc
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_AttackingLoc)

sPy

sPy

Level 21
Here's the full trigger from my map:
  • NC Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Blood Mage
    • Actions
      • Set AttackingLoc = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike AttackingLoc
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_AttackingLoc)
Correction:
  • Unit - Order (TRIGGERING UNIT) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike AttackingLoc

Level 11
Read that I wrote, use the base spell that you created your spell of.

If you've used blizzard as base spell when you create a new spell, then use Human archmage - blizzard, if you've used shockwave as the base spell, but have created a new one that shoots a stampede missile and renamed, then use Orc Chieftain - Shockwave.

Level 33
defskull can i ask u something instead of flame strike how can i change the spell to a custom spell?

PLEASE, DON'T BE LAZY TO READ !

ANY Custom Spell WILL be based off from Default Spell from Blizzard Entertainment
It uses the same ID Spell for each of an ability
Even if your spell is a new spell, but it still retains its ID Spell, making it easy for reference in the Trigger Editor
To see the ID Spell for the spell that you've created OR to see the Default ID Spell from the Blizzard, simply go to:
Object Editor -> Abilities Tab -> Select any spell you want to check -> Go to the field saying "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On"
THAT'S the ID Spell I was talking about
Now listen, go to Storm Bolt ability and follow the procedure above
You can see in that field, it says "thunderbolt"
So, from the Trigger Editor, any spell that is based off of thunderbolt will be fired if the trigger looks like this:
  • Unit - Order *YourUnit* to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt *YourEnemy*

Level 9
oh now i know every custom spell has a base spell(that trigger there i saw that bfore)

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANKS I LEARNED SOMETHING In GUI AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DEFSKULL U ROCK

Status
Not open for further replies.