• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Checking Auto cast spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all, i wonder if there's a way to check an unit thats had just casted an auto cast spells. I've just tried on manual activate the spell and those lines of trigger works.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - TestingUnit 0231 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Trinity2 (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Set TrinityRandom = (Random integer number between 0 and 10)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(TrinityRandom))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • TrinityRandom Less than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Trinity2 (Neutral Hostile) from TestingUnit 0231 <gen>
          • Unit - Add Trinity2 (Neutral Hostile) to TestingUnit 0231 <gen>
          • Unit - Order TestingUnit 0231 <gen> to Stop
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
However this will not work if i were to auto cast it. Any idea how to check to see if an unit had cast an auto cast spell on itself and make a debug message to appear in the game. Thanks in advance!

Level 4
Yes, but you will need two triggers instead of one, and I dont know what's with the wait in there, I can show you the way of making your spell, but you must tell me ¿What does your spell is supposed to do?

Level 4
Oh sorry for the confusion. Basically my spell is something like searing arrow. Adds damage to base damage. So everytime the unit auto cast searing arrow, a dubug message will pop up to show that there are checks done to this spell.

edited*

My spell from above is like, everytime the spell is auto casted/casted manually, a random number will generate. This random number will determine where the spell will refresh its cooldown instantly.

Spell description:
Trinity
Deal 100 bonus damage to a target enemy. Will have a 30% chance of refreshing rate. Once refreshed, the cooldown will be removed instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.