• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making a map and ive come across two things I need help with.
The first is most likely a glitch due to the fact its the BETA

1. The Footprint Editor wont load already made footprints so you can edit them, when you click on a footprint in the DATA editor a blank footprint pops up. This of course makes it so you have to start from scratch. The reason i wanted to use this feature is that for some reason the BRIDGES dont allow you to walk over them. The footprints havent been set, and when you add the "Mara Sar Vertical" footprint to the actual Actor, it doesnt attach correctly. It puts the pathing almost 5 spaces below the acutal model.
So this makes Bridges not work in the editor at all.

Secondly, Im trying to make a tower that continuously generates the Guardian shield ability AND its model. The effect stays correctly, but everything Ive tried to make the model of its bubble stay for any duration beyond the default time of the models animation sequence fails. and after a certain period, the bubble dies and dissapears.
Ive tried making the bubble respawn over and over, but thats not the effect I want, I want the STAND animation to be on a loop and never stop unless the unit dies.

Anyone know how???

Level 9
2. I haven't tested this, but can't you simply create an actor with the bubble model and attach it to the unit. When the unit dies kill the actor. If it's just one tower then it will be even easier. If you need it to be MUI then use Unit Custom Value, Datatable or some custom variable system.

Level 4
Hm.

Thats a possibility but...
The issue Im having is that the Guardian Shield Model has its own birth, stand, death animation events. So it only plays for a while, then it auto kills itself.
So even if I just make a model with the bubble by itself, it will vanish after so long, the model will still technically be there, it will just not be playing an animation thats visible.
Ive tried simply removing the DEATH animation effect, but it just dissapears after anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.