• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Two Suns - Model Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey,

I'm desperately needing of two models which I will use for an ultimate ability, The Chosen Ones campaign. Two models on being a little lighter, holier light sun and other darker, unholier dark sun.

Something like this but a little more details: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/orb-fire-106241/?prev=search%3Dorb%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D200

That is an item model and the thing I'm requesting will be a unit model so more details please. The size of the model will be pretty big so don't make it look like a simple orb. You can base both models of the same model, and that I actually insist. However, make other look darker and other lighter.

The suns must have stand, death and spell animations. Spell animation can be something simple.

It will be one of the last abilities I will create for the campaign.

Rep and credits for the maker.

Last edited:

nGy

nGy

Level 11
Hey back, I got interested in the idea and made something. Has only one animation as of yet, but if you like it, I shall polish and finish it and make the dark version as well. (Please note, that I can only make particle models and cannot add a collision or selection shape to this)

Last edited:

nGy

nGy

Level 11
Ok, thanks. I'll finish it over the course of the next week.

Edit: Well, I guess I gotta apologize. It's kinda hard to get myself to work. Managed it today, though, so here is the first sun. The spell animation looks a little weird still; if you don't like it, I can change it.

Last edited:
Level 35
Oh, don't get me too excited or I'm gonna blow. Like explode!

Would look something like this I guess then:
131841-albums1057-picture70903.gif

Reactions: nGy

nGy

nGy

Level 11
A'ight. Finished the dark one. It looks very similar, but I added some things. It might actually look stronger than the holy sun now, so if you want, I can "weaken" its visuals a little. Also both those models are quite laggy, because they emit a shitton of pretty large particles, but I think as long as you don't spam the models, it should work just fine.

Attachments

• HolySun.mdx
    9.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DarkSun.mdx
    11 KB · Views: 96
  • SunsTest.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Level 37
There will be 1x of this model at a time so the lag shouldn't be the problem.

I tested both models and they do work perfectly. Also they are different enough so that's good. I think the work is now done now I simply must add these suns to the campaign. You can put these models to Model Section so that other map makers around the world can use these great models too.

Thanks a lot for your great effort!

Reputation will come later as I can't give you now. Credits earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.