• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two Simple Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys, I've been creating a map for some time, and am having a lot of difficulty getting one of my heros spells to work, since two of them are based on incinerate, and apparently it does modify itself well. I've tried GUI triggering for two months, and my skills are limited.

Basically there is two spells that do not work. The first is incinerate, I'd like to have it do 10 damage, that stacks, at level 1, 20 at level 2, 30 at level 3, and 40 at level 4. Basically the same as Ursa's Swipes in DOTA, except I want it to cost mana, say 15 mana per attack, and be activable and deactivable (like searing arrows) with no cooldown. The unit being used is the Blademaster, and I'd like his little jumping attack (what he does when he criticals) to be used here as well.

The second is called Flaming Blade (3 levels), and is based on incinerate. It does one shot at melee range (select the unit you want it to hit like a nuke) with damage of 300, 450, and 600 damage for each respective level. It has a mana cost of 120 for all levels, and a 90, 60 and 30 second cooldown. If the attack kills an opposing unit, the unit explodes and does 200, 325, 450 damage at each respective level. If the attack fails to kill the unit, the buff disappears so the unit doesn't explode. Again the unit being used is the Blademaster, and I'd like his little jumping attack to be used here.

If anyone could give me some help on how to get these spells working with GUI triggers, that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Level 19
Dont double post

there is a incinerate autocast version use that

for second make a dummy unit with incinerate ability that attacks enemy on spell cast

Level 11
1. The incinerate autocast version is linked with the passive incinerate ability, so if you autocast incinerate lvl 1, your hero will do everything specified in the lvl 1 passive incinerate spell.

2. Have a trigger register a Unit starts the effect of an ability event. Create dummy unit (make sure it is invisible and unselectable) belonging to the player that owns the casting unit, add a 1.5 second expiration timer, and order the dummy unit to "attack" the spell target unit.

Level 19
Thank you for your responses. The incinerate autocast version doesn't have editable damage.

How do I make dummy units that attacks enemy on spell cast? Interesting idea, please fill me in!

I guess you will edit the main Incinerate for that (%10 sure about it)

Level 8
1. The incinerate autocast version is linked with the passive incinerate ability, so if you autocast incinerate lvl 1, your hero will do everything specified in the lvl 1 passive incinerate spell.

2. Have a trigger register a Unit starts the effect of an ability event. Create dummy unit (make sure it is invisible and unselectable) belonging to the player that owns the casting unit, add a 1.5 second expiration timer, and order the dummy unit to "attack" the spell target unit.

1. What you said is untrue, I've changed the parameters of the passive skill incinerate level 1, but those changes have no effect on incinerate (arrow).

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Black Arrow
Actions
Set Flamingbladeloc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1.00 of Flamingbladeloc) and do (Unit - Create 1 Blood Mage for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of Blackhand 0237 <gen>) facing (Position of (Triggering unit)))
Unit - Add Incinerate to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Incinerate for (Last created unit) to 1
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Incinerate (Arrow) (Target unit of ability being cast)
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Ok this is what I've got, it creates a unit, but the unit doesn't attack. Also I can see the unit created, how do I make it so the unit can't be seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.