• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Two New Drawings: Christmas Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
well, its christmas time, and in French class we have to use images in a project, so I drew some and then scanned them and edited them in gimp. Unfortunately my scanner isn't that great, so they're somewhat low quality, but they look alright. These are based on a poem, "Le Nuit Magique de Noel," so the starcatching one doesnt make much sense out-of-context.

I used a lot of smudge, dodge, burn, paintbrush tool and Airbrush tool in these.
I may just remove the moon in this one, cus I couldnt figure out anything really nice to do w/ it... dunno. might make the bg black.
Starcatcher (Original):
Starcatching_orig.jpg

Starcatcher (GIMP Edit):
Starcatching_edit.jpg

pretty simple picture, just colorized and used burn to make the ribbon darker.
Cadeaux (Original):
Cadeaux_orig.jpg

Cadeaux (GIMP Edit):
Cadeaux_edit.jpg

Ive got two more Im working on that Ill post later.

Freedback would be great. :)

well, spent a bit more time on the stars one. Added a sky. Improved the moon and bag. Messed w/ the snow. Changed the star so it has a "glow" to it.

Starcatching_editb2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
The last one looks a bit odd.. like painted but done with wax thingies or something, that was the one computer edited right?

The sack and the parts of the suit look good.

ya, edited w/ GIMP. This is the first time Ive done this (edited a drawing on the comp) so it was a bit of an experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.