• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turn off Collision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How does one turn off collision in SC2? Warcraft 3 had a nice function.

I ask because I am currently making a projectile system, and I would like to allow units to be knocked over cliffs and such. However, ground units will not go over unpathable area when using UnitSetPosition like they would in Warcraft 3.

I have asked people, and the best response I've gotten was to set a unit to be air temporarily, but there is no trigger to do that and I would like to be able to make a system I can just plug n play with without messing around with behaviors and such in the data editor. Unless the behavior is there by default and the triggers can just use it, that is.

Level 9
Make a behavior called No Collision of type Buff, under its Modification+ field look for the Behavior tab and find Suppress Collision under State Flags, Enable it. Now just add or remove the behavior to your units through trigger actions.

Level 9
As far as I know, there is no way to disable or modify collision for individual units in triggers. That and its not that big of a data editor modification, 1 Buff with a single field enabled is probably as light as it gets as far as getting what you need from the data editor goes.

Level 9
What I'm doing, essentially, is calling a function that calls some xml that calls a function.

It's useless and silly and I want a better way.

Oh well, good enough workaround for now.

Level 9
Collision off does not allow units to move normally, nor does it give ground units sight when they are high enough in the air that they should get it.

How does one just designate a ground unit as an air unit temporarily?

Level 9
Set its Plane Delta in Modification+ in the Buff for Air to +1, if you want to remove its ground designation at the same time, set that to -1, if not just leave it at 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.