• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying Out first game in Unity 3D - Snakes And Ladders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Wanted to make a game. Found out about unity on this game development forum. Trying out a small game. Just started so don't laugh.

If someone finds a better picture for snake and ladders board then please tell.

161851-albums5855-picture62020.png

Level 1
@Statharas
So basically make an 10x10 array of blocks and use them for moving the players? That's good. I can use the blocks' transform for easily moving the players. Thanks

@Dr Super Good
Where are you suggesting the coding to be done? I am currently using the editor with unity for that. Otherwise in which software will I code UnityScript? This is my first time making a game so don't have any experience. Just done some basic games in C and VB.

Level 1
A basic version of the game done

I made a basic version of the snakes and ladders game. It is not very pretty or anything but it's working. I have the board, 2 players and a method for dice throw. And the players are moving according to the snakes and ladders properly.

Really happy. Will improve it in some days. :grin:

@Statharas
I will be waiting for your next tutorial. If you can then please explain about models in the next tutorial.

Level 1
Some images from my first tries to make a model

I was trying out blender to make models so that I can make the board as well as the players better looking.
Images of some practice I did in blender.

First Try
161851-albums5855-picture62214.png

Second Try
161851-albums5855-picture62215.png

Last edited:
Level 1
Made a simple model of a chess pawn

161851-albums5855-picture62249.png

Made a simple model. Have a look and tell me whether it is anything like (in shape) this one:
161851-albums5855-picture62251.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.