• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trouble Playing on LAN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
We're trying to play Gaia's Retaliation on my home network but every time we setup a game and my friend joins, the start button is grayed out.

Before he joins the start button is normal.

Any ideas? Can Gaia's Retaliation not be played locally?

We have the 8mb map limit bypass on both computers. Maybe we don't have that setup correctly. It works fine for me.

Level 19
We're trying to play Gaia's Retaliation on my home network but every time we setup a game and my friend joins, the start button is grayed out.

Before he joins the start button is normal.

Any ideas? Can Gaia's Retaliation not be played locally?

We have the 8mb map limit bypass on both computers. Maybe we don't have that setup correctly. It works fine for me.
do any other warcraft game's work on lan?

if not it could be one of the following problem $:

different warcraft patches on your friends computers
firewall is on
antivirus is on

Level 2
All the other maps we've tried work fine on the LAN.

We've both checked our firewall settings. Antivirus is on, but it hasn't ever affected things before. We'll try turning off both and I'll let you know.

EDIT: The program version is the same. It ought to be...I installed from the same files. I don't think that's the issue.

Level 2
Nope... After turning off firewalls and antivirus the start button is still grayed out. Any other ideas?

We're using the 1.26.0.6401 version of Frozen Throne. Should we not be using Frozen Throne? I'll try that next.

Level 2
you can only play this map on tft.Also I would strongly suggest you join the discord there is a faq channel there that you can get most of your questions answered :) Also it would be ggood to upgrade your w3s to the latest patch.Anyways heres the link Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Bummer. Honestly, I would have preferred to play the game solo. I was just going to get my buddy and son to join so that I could actually play through Gaia's Retaliation.

What is tft anyway?

What is the latest patch for WC3?

And Discord allows a person to setup servers or something?

As you can tell, I'm new to this. That is, I've played Warcraft III for the last 12-15 years, but never on Battle.Net or anything but solo or locally on my own LAN.

Level 7
TFT = The Frozen Throne

Discord is a messaging service. We have a gaias channels with a bunch of active players and willing helpers. It also has voice communication abilities should you decide you want to talk that way.

Im guessing your issue has to do with you running an older version of Wc3. Theres likely some compatibility issue somewhere. If you update to the newest version you can use some of the host bots that exist around and you can make private games for your friend/family that way without needing to do it via LAN anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.