• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TrollBoarRiderVII

This is the 2nd version of my Troll Boar Rider series. The first version was a melee unit, this one is ranged, throwing a huge axe. There's also a custom projectile for this model. This boar is mounted by a precisely aiming Troll axe thrower, who rarely misses, and to make things worse, he can as well toss a net to esnare unfortunate fleeing enemies or airbornes. The melee version and this guy usually raid hand-in-hand, though the melee ones are usually making the larger number in a war party. The ranged guys are mainly a support unit, not the majority of the party. This cavalry unit is also rather light armored, with only a thick leather coat covering the rider, but the boar is the same resistant as the other version.
It's a pretty fast moving, light armored cavalry unit, that is best used for pillaging villages, raiding unguarded bases and for destroying enemy concentrations in forests, where huge formations are next to impossible. Boars are also considerably heavier-built than wolves, which makes them more resistant. In contrary to the other boar riders, these guys are more susceptible to attacks from ranged units. This might sound surprising or strange, but usual pikemen can be hold with a net at their place and attacked from safe distance, while this doesn't prevent most archers from defending themselves. But as with the other ''hoggers'', only a handfull of ground units can take them down and these guys are even a menace for air units.

Feel free to use it in any way you want! Have fun with it! :wink:

EDIT 1: my thanks to Misha's good moderation, which made me aware of a few minor flaws that somehow escaped me when uploading this model first. Now the problems have been solved: the rider's legs don't clip into the boar's legs now. They look like moving behind the boar's front legs now. Also fixed the wrong assigned vertices on the first pair of the boar's tusks. :wink:

Keywords:
Troll boar rider, troll hogg rider, troll pig rider, pig rider, hogg rider, boar rider, pig, boar, hogg, rider, troll cavalry, hogg, boar, mount,
Contents

TrollBoarRiderVII (Model)

TrollBoarRiderVII (Model)

Reviews
08:16, 13th Apr 2013 Misha: um.. with this one i am a lill bugged with how the second pair of boar's tusks(in front) has it's tips rigged to somewhere else and stretches, and also how the front legs of the boar clip with the troll's legs.. and maybe...

M

08:16, 13th Apr 2013
Misha: um.. with this one i am a lill bugged with how the second pair of boar's tusks(in front) has it's tips rigged to somewhere else and stretches, and also how the front legs of the boar clip with the troll's legs.. and maybe i have missed that on your other boar model.. so.. this could count for both, if you want :p but you are already pretty busy with stuff already

works well, approved

Hey, another nice work here. Too, bad our moderators are a bit busy nowadays.
thx a lot, old friend :ogre_hurrhurr: Yeah, i've got 12 or 14 pending models. :vw_sad:

Nice, finally a troll not on a raptor
ty :ogre_haosis: Yeah, this was my thinking too at the time i made the first version of it. I just thought ''Hey, all ordinary Troll rider models have a raptor mount, so why not make something that's different, like a boar?'' :wink:I always thought of how to make my models unusual and uncommon in my recent works. IMO, this brings more variety to the game. :wink:

Busy Busy :D
I think your models are one of the best (maybe the best) :ogre_haosis:
thx a lot :ogre_haosis: Well, there are actually models which are much better than mine, IMO. But i'm trying to constantly improve quality, style and ideas. :wink: I've specialized recently in making unusual and currently not existing models, i.e. models that haven't been made anywhere so far. My first among them where the Haradrim. If you want to see them, just check out my ressources or search the Hive's model section under ''Haradrim''. :wink: Oh, and if you like completely unusal stuff, than try out ''Shark Rider''. I've made 3 versions: a standard one, a sorcerer and a hero. :wink:

Level 1
This model will be main model in my little project, and autor of course will be in credits. 5/5!