1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

TrollBoarRiderVII

Submitted by Uncle Fester
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the 2nd version of my Troll Boar Rider series. The first version was a melee unit, this one is ranged, throwing a huge axe. There's also a custom projectile for this model. This boar is mounted by a precisely aiming Troll axe thrower, who rarely misses, and to make things worse, he can as well toss a net to esnare unfortunate fleeing enemies or airbornes. The melee version and this guy usually raid hand-in-hand, though the melee ones are usually making the larger number in a war party. The ranged guys are mainly a support unit, not the majority of the party. This cavalry unit is also rather light armored, with only a thick leather coat covering the rider, but the boar is the same resistant as the other version.
It's a pretty fast moving, light armored cavalry unit, that is best used for pillaging villages, raiding unguarded bases and for destroying enemy concentrations in forests, where huge formations are next to impossible. Boars are also considerably heavier-built than wolves, which makes them more resistant. In contrary to the other boar riders, these guys are more susceptible to attacks from ranged units. This might sound surprising or strange, but usual pikemen can be hold with a net at their place and attacked from safe distance, while this doesn't prevent most archers from defending themselves. But as with the other ''hoggers'', only a handfull of ground units can take them down and these guys are even a menace for air units.

Feel free to use it in any way you want! Have fun with it! :wink:

EDIT 1: my thanks to Misha's good moderation, which made me aware of a few minor flaws that somehow escaped me when uploading this model first. Now the problems have been solved: the rider's legs don't clip into the boar's legs now. They look like moving behind the boar's front legs now. Also fixed the wrong assigned vertices on the first pair of the boar's tusks. :wink:

Keywords:
Troll boar rider, troll hogg rider, troll pig rider, pig rider, hogg rider, boar rider, pig, boar, hogg, rider, troll cavalry, hogg, boar, mount,
Contents

TrollBoarRiderVII (Model)

TrollBoarRiderVII (Model)

Reviews
08:16, 13th Apr 2013 Misha: um.. with this one i am a lill bugged with how the second pair of boar's tusks(in front) has it's tips rigged to somewhere else and stretches, and also how the front legs of the boar clip with the troll's legs.. and maybe...
  1. 08:16, 13th Apr 2013
    Misha: um.. with this one i am a lill bugged with how the second pair of boar's tusks(in front) has it's tips rigged to somewhere else and stretches, and also how the front legs of the boar clip with the troll's legs.. and maybe i have missed that on your other boar model.. so.. this could count for both, if you want :p but you are already pretty busy with stuff already

works well, approved

2. Power

Power

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks OK, he could be better if he was riding a raptor, instead of Boar.

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    as mentioned in the other version, i wanted to create a special, uncommon troll unit. The raptor rider would just be another version of the standard stuff. :vw_unimpressed:

4. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, another nice work here. Too, bad our moderators are a bit busy nowadays.

5. wester

wester

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, finally a troll not on a raptor

6. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    thx a lot, old friend :ogre_hurrhurr: Yeah, i've got 12 or 14 pending models. :vw_sad:

ty :ogre_haosis: Yeah, this was my thinking too at the time i made the first version of it. I just thought ''Hey, all ordinary Troll rider models have a raptor mount, so why not make something that's different, like a boar?'' :wink:I always thought of how to make my models unusual and uncommon in my recent works. IMO, this brings more variety to the game. :wink:

7. DMCfan

DMCfan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats AWESOME 5/5

8. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    thx a lot :ogre_haosis:

9. MrHobby53

MrHobby53

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    YaY Hive's Uncle is acting up again YaY nice work :) :wink:

10. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    thx a lot. :ogre_hurrhurr: Nay, not rly. Just had started it some time ago and found enough spare time to finish it these days. :wink:

11. MrHobby53

MrHobby53

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Busy Busy :D
    I think your models are one of the best (maybe the best) :ogre_haosis:

12. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    thx a lot :ogre_haosis: Well, there are actually models which are much better than mine, IMO. But i'm trying to constantly improve quality, style and ideas. :wink: I've specialized recently in making unusual and currently not existing models, i.e. models that haven't been made anywhere so far. My first among them where the Haradrim. If you want to see them, just check out my ressources or search the Hive's model section under ''Haradrim''. :wink: Oh, and if you like completely unusal stuff, than try out ''Shark Rider''. I've made 3 versions: a standard one, a sorcerer and a hero. :wink:

13. huy60vn

huy60vn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally, with this model, i can finish the troll tribe! Thanks anyway! :D:D 5/5? or + rep now?

14. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm glad you like and need it. Well, my Troll tribe-stuff isn't finished yet. :wink:

15. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great job on this. Not as epic as V1, but simple units are important too.

4/5.

16. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Thx a lot. :ogre_hurrhurr: Yeah, that's my oppinion too. :wink: For some weird reason the Hive has some of the most exotic stuff but not the daily needed ones. :eekani:

17. karl

karl

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would recommend turning this into a pack :ogre_haosis:
    Pretty good models:thumbs_up:

18. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs: