• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll Bonecaster

"I've got friends on the other side"

A troll spellcaster unit designed for my Troll Campaign.
Mesh is scratch-made, animations - a mix of in-game and scratch-made. Uses in-game textures.
Includes the main model, portrait, custom missile, and summonable totem.

This was a bottom-up design - I originally envisioned the unit's abilities and built the model accordingly.
When the Bonecaster dies, she leaves behind a Totem that attacks enemies for a certain duration.
The Totem's birth animation is slightly delayed so as to match the Bonecaster's death animation in a "whenever unit dies - create unit" trigger.
190129-5a9708829556fc6225b86eddc2809a40.gif

190130-85fc66a76f18923874672dde7126cf00.gif
190131-14e1ec4f94a20deab8aa073f1746d5af.gif
The Bonecaster channels a storm of vengeful spirits, dealing damage to enemies around her (an activated/triggered ability based on Phoenix Fire)
190132-2222e57f44cab100774a86aac299bd8d.gif

All open source as always. Feel free to modify to your liking. Credits will do fine.

23/06/2021
• Run animation redone
• Hair animations added
• Death particles updated
• Added a younger/more feminine version of the character + associated portrait

28/04/20201
• Uploaded
Contents

Troll Bonecaster (Model)

Troll Bonecaster Missile (Model)

Troll Bonecaster Portrait (Model)

Troll Bonecaster Totem (Model)

Young Troll Bonecaster (Model)

Young Troll Bonecaster Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A very neatly made model with lots of detail and amazingly well made wrap and effects. Awesome job!
Level 48
The massive nose is really weird - but I like literally everything else about this. Nice choice of animations, really cool totem too. :)

A little hard to tell that this is a female, too - hard to work with the masculine textures. I don't know though, I think maybe the face can be tinkered with a bit more to look more feminine.

Level 9
The massive nose is really weird - but I like literally everything else about this. Nice choice of animations, really cool totem too. :)

A little hard to tell that this is a female, too - hard to work with the masculine textures. I don't know though, I think maybe the face can be tinkered with a bit more to look more feminine.
like that, when I think it's a man, when I read and download it to see it, I know it is a woman and I have to zoom in on something that needs to be big to see it is too flat to see women))).

Level 21
very cool model. animations and everything. A few minor possible improvements -

• I like the idea of face variation (trying to make something that doesn't just look like the same exact troll model with extra doodads) but that weird snout/beak thing makes it look like a different race than warcraft trolls. looks like somekind of bird/lizard person.
  • I also think it is difficult to tell this is supposed to be a female. don't know why, it does seem to have breasts.
  • it looks a little unnatural to be swinging arms so far back and forth while running, while taking such small steps (being constrained by the skirt and all).

Level 2
Great work!!! As Chucky said he doesn't resemble a troll (at least Warcraft's trolls) but it's a great work nonetheless. 20/10 great work!!!