• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Triggers sometimes stop running seemingly randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So in this map I'm working on, sometimes after adding some triggers or objects or whatever (To my knowledge no triggers that should even have the possibility of causing this) and I save the map and click test, the triggers just wont... well, trigger. No triggers are happening, quests arent being added to the quest log, map initialization triggers don't go off, time elapsed triggers dont go off, text based triggers dont work, nothing.

Now this has happened twice so far, luckily I started making daily backups after the first time so I didn't fall far behind this time, but I'm really wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this.

It's like something that runs even before all the triggers ( even map init ) stops all my triggers from working.

Level 5
I'd rather not post my entire map publicly like this atm, but I switched to the backup and saved over the "broken" one atm.

But all I did was copy a hero to make a dummy hero with flying mov type and add a trigger that saved a heroes items, stats, skills etc and then created a new hero loading those item, stats, skills etc.
I already have pretty much the same trigger running perfectly before I added this one, so that shouldnt be a problem either.

I'd just like to know if anyone has any general ideas of how this could/would happen.

I'd rather not post my entire map publicly like this atm, but I switched to the backup and saved over the "broken" one atm.

But all I did was copy a hero to make a dummy hero with flying mov type and add a trigger that saved a heroes items, stats, skills etc and then created a new hero loading those item, stats, skills etc.
I already have pretty much the same trigger running perfectly before I added this one, so that shouldnt be a problem either.

I'd just like to know if anyone has any general ideas of how this could/would happen.

If you'd like, you can upload your map to the pastebin, and I can take a look at it.

If you could post a working version, and a broken version that would help.

Level 7
How big are your arrays? If alot of your variable arrays are nearing a size of 1,000 it could also cause the triggers not activating.

Level 3
So in this map I'm working on, sometimes after adding some triggers or objects or whatever (To my knowledge no triggers that should even have the possibility of causing this) and I save the map and click test, the triggers just wont... well, trigger. No triggers are happening, quests arent being added to the quest log, map initialization triggers don't go off, time elapsed triggers dont go off, text based triggers dont work, nothing.

Now this has happened twice so far, luckily I started making daily backups after the first time so I didn't fall far behind this time, but I'm really wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this.

It's like something that runs even before all the triggers ( even map init ) stops all my triggers from working.

DUD you can just simple add Action/Trigger On try it and tell me if it works?.!

Level 23
this problem happens when you put many variable arrays to intial size very high
because it al starts in one thread and runs loops on them, if you have lets say 15 arrays init size to 8000, nothing past that will run.

To fix this, just put all your arrays to size 1 if possible(it should be, you have nooo need to initialize them, because they will hold null regardless)

Level 5
this problem happens when you put many variable arrays to intial size very high
because it al starts in one thread and runs loops on them, if you have lets say 15 arrays init size to 8000, nothing past that will run.

To fix this, just put all your arrays to size 1 if possible(it should be, you have nooo need to initialize them, because they will hold null regardless)

But adding stuff in [2], [3] etc etc. will still work, even if i set them to 1 in the variable editor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.