• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

triggering quistion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i wonder how to do a bridge that units can go both from below and from above...is this thing even possible? (cuz i heard someone did it)...if it can be buildable even better!

also i wonna know how can you make buildable ramps and high platforms units can stand on (and of course you must go from the ramps up and you cant climb the walls and units above cant melee the units below even if they are in range and via versa...)

i have an idea for the bridge thingy but it will mess up air pathing and i dont know how to make it-have a pathing-less bridge so units ignore it compleatly and have air blockers in both sides so air cant move under and when someone comes to pass over he turns into a flying unit (as long he is in-and only if he wasnt flying allrdy) and when he gets off he losses his flying (if he got it from the bridge trigger)-will that work? and if it will how?

Level 3
bridge

i dont know how true this is. i havnt had time to test it myself but have you tried editing the doodad by making its pathing 0?? maybe that will let you will walk over but still walk through??? you can try that then PM me if it works if not then i might look into it some more when i have time

Level 9
Nice try but i doubt it will work.

My only suggestion is that you change the pathing map, make a custom one (just modify the pre-existing one), i will look into it and if i can find a way to do it ill reply if not dont expect a reply.

Level 25
Warcraft 3 doesn't support mulitple pathing layers

So you're going to have to code the hell out of a system, and even then you won't be able to have units going over a bridge while others are going under

Engine limitations and all

Level 3
bridge

well if it doesnt work you can always to the lazy way and. create a trigger saying when unit enters region instantly transport to region b. meaning one side of the bride to the other side. eithor below or just take out the bridge and make it transport above. if its above u better add a circle of power or somthing showing where you can cross. srry if i didnt help much :(

Level 9
grr...no one knows none of what i asked?!?!?!
problem...
can someone check my idea for me plz? (i currnty dont got a WC3 cuz my computer went bye bye...so i need to find it and i am not sure who did i give it to...)

Level 25
Bridges are just basically impossible in the Warcraft engine the way you want them

As for buildable things, nope because buildings don't have a walkable setting. Doodads you can do it with, like "Build X at Y and destroy X and instead create doodad Z at Y", but not with plain buildings

Level 9
i said buildable-not buildings...
if you can make buildable doods it will be fine with me...

and can SOMEONE try triggering my idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.