• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change move type through trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Topic. (not add & remove storm crow form to change fly height)

The intention is to make air blockers block some ground units for making a "fake" bridge where units can appear to walk under & over.

Tried to just change classification to air unit but path blockers appear to use the movement type (no surprise here but i tried just in case)

There is also the way to make every use flying so it's chill if there are no other way (it's just a bit more annoying work)

@Lender

The map genre would be something like siege/lotr helms deep. The whole point is to make a way for the units to use pathing, if walking under the bridge would be a faster path to a certain point then units should use it naturally instead of taking another longer route. The idea is that if I could make units change movement type then I could use pathing blockers to make the pathing appear to be 3D, add air blockers on the side and ground blockers at the 2 ends of the bridge, "air units" can walk on the bridge and ground units walk under it, together with adjusting flying height.

Last edited:
Level 12
try making a trigger that disables the pathing for the unit which passes from the side of the bridge. Not tested , not sure if it works:/

Edit: tested... it doesn't works:/ i think this can't be done.

what kind of map are you working on? how often the bridge would be used?
maybe u can replace the bridge with a fake one if someone passes from the side but there would be problems if units want to pass from the front and the side at the same time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.