• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggering a Dialog Box from the click of a button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dear Modders,

After requesting help a few times and getting no answers, I return to you with a question : Is it possible to trigger a NEW dialog box with NEW dialog buttons after clicking 1 button in a previous dialog box...

I'll skip the formalities, I really do need this information as quickly as possible. What I mean is that I'm still working on my sleep system (rather overdue, I must say) and I need to know why it isn't working.

My trigger consists of a dialog box appearing once a unit clicks a certain ability. Once they do, the screen goes black and a dialog box is displayed. It features 3 options : Cancel, Sleep until fully healed and Sleep for a selected ammount of time (No, I do not want to use text commands...).

The idea is that once I click Sleep a selected ammount of time, I get another screen featuring 12 hours listed one by one (1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours), and a cancel button.

However, it seems I cannot make it so that the click of one button TRIGGERS A NEW BOX. I fail to understand why... I can make it spawn something, or kill something,etc HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me, make it trigger a new box.

Can someone tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong ???

Until next time,

-Warcrafter

ps: I am not using any updated patch for I still need to know which one is the most recent/most useful/allows the no CD feature

Level 22
Dear Modders,

After requesting help a few times and getting no answers, I return to you with a question : Is it possible to trigger a NEW dialog box with NEW dialog buttons after clicking 1 button in a previous dialog box...

I'll skip the formalities, I really do need this information as quickly as possible. What I mean is that I'm still working on my sleep system (rather overdue, I must say) and I need to know why it isn't working.

My trigger consists of a dialog box appearing once a unit clicks a certain ability. Once they do, the screen goes black and a dialog box is displayed. It features 3 options : Cancel, Sleep until fully healed and Sleep for a selected ammount of time (No, I do not want to use text commands...).

The idea is that once I click Sleep a selected ammount of time, I get another screen featuring 12 hours listed one by one (1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours), and a cancel button.

However, it seems I cannot make it so that the click of one button TRIGGERS A NEW BOX. I fail to understand why... I can make it spawn something, or kill something,etc HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me, make it trigger a new box.

Can someone tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong ???

Until next time,

-Warcrafter

ps: I am not using any updated patch for I still need to know which one is the most recent/most useful/allows the no CD feature

Yea, it is.
'YourDialogButtonVariable is clicked'
''
'Show YouDialog to Triggering player'

Level 24
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write out your post. Moving on to the question, yes.

If you are having some general trouble take a look at this sites Tutorial section.

Related to your problem, set up two completely separate dialogues. When button x is clicked on the first one, then show dialog 2.

This, is what Blood Dancer said, but I tried to explain it slightly more friendlily.

Status
Not open for further replies.