• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Entangling roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys I've been searching the forums for a trigger that picks a random unit from the group and entangling roots it but i cant find one so i tried to make my own. Its weird however as it doesnt work, the dummy just does not entangling root a random unit in the area i want it to, im pretty sure its the last line of my trigger that's got an issue, any help would be great, thanks !

curse
  • Events
    • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Entire <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add curse to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Random unit from (Units in Entire <gen> matching ((((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of Player 8 (Pink)) Equal to True))))

Level 2
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Random unit from (Units in Entire <gen> matching ((((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of Player 8 (Pink)) Equal to True))))
Picked Unit should be Matching Unit

You use (Picked unit), it should be "Matching unit":
  • Set Point1 = (Center of Entire <gen>)
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at Point1 facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add curse to (Last created unit)
  • Set TempGroup = (Units in Entire <gen> matching ((((Matching unit is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of Player 8 (Pink)) Equal to True))))
  • Set Unit1 = (Random unit from TempGroup)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of the Grove - Entangling Roots Unit1
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
What is more, make sure the dummy spell "curse" is based off the Keeper of the Grove's Entangling roots and that the cast range of the spell is 999999.00.

Level 1
Thanks Stranger and Pharoah, will try it out when I get home from work and let you know how it turns out :)

Edit: Works thanks! +rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.