• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make an AoE pollymorph/entagleing roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yea i tried making these spells and they seem to not work heres that i have plz tell me what i did wrong :fp::ugly:
  • Events
    • Unit - Blood Mage 0000 <gen> Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mass Entangle
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
:witch_doc_sad: could iot be that i used the wrong dummy spell i used Infernal

Last edited:
Level 27
Use trigger tags. This red text is horrible to the eyes.
Also sometimes adding an ability to a unit then ordering it to cast wont work, instead directly place the ability on the unit.
Also check:
Does the Entangling Roots ability cost mana? If so, that could cause problems.
Are the right targets set for the entangling roots?
Does it require and upgrades?
Those are common problems.
--donut3.5--

Level 2
I see but how dose mana do anything and no it dose not have any upgrades and how should the targets be set?

Level 2
Base of the hero skill of an instant cast ability (e.g. War Stomp, Thunder Clap, Howl, etc.) and change it to Hero skill and remove all the values except cooldown, tooltip and mana requirement..

• Event
    • Unit - A Unit Starts The Effect of An Ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to [YourAbility]
  • Actions
    • Unit - Pick every unit within 600 of (Casting Unit) matching ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)) equal to True) and do Actions
      • Do - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 [Dummy Unit] for (Owner of (Casting Unit)) at Position of (Picked Unit) facing 0.00
        • Unit - Set level of [Dummy Entangling Roots Skill] of (last Created Unit) to (Level of [YourAbility] of (Casting Unit))
        • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Night Elf - Keeper of the Grove - Entagling Roots (Picked Unit)
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit)
Now, you need to create a Dummy Unit which has the skills, locust, invulnerability and the ability you want BASED on Entangling Roots. Remove the model and shadow of the unit and also the attack...

In the based skill, put the highest RANGE possible and 0 cooldown and mana requirement, you may place any damage. Make it a UNIT ability as well. You may place any level on it and due to the skill, the level of the dummy ability will be set to the level of the casted ability by the Hero..

To find MATCHING UNIT BELONGS TO AN ENEMY OF..... You may find it on the Dropdown of [Boolean Comparison(?)] and find [Unit - Unit Belong to an enemy of Player]

heh i had to have some help too, just coppied what DenZel94 told me to do here for you :D

hope it works - GL

~@~bob

Status
Not open for further replies.