• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

trigger that makes units in a region swing sword at nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
so far, when my hero walks into a region he will trigger a cinematic where men are training. So I'm trying to figure out how to get them to swing their sword while standing still. Any ideas???
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 13
Personally I hate working with Animations by using strings, so I would suggest using SetUnitAnimationByIndex(Unit, Index). Also I'm not sure what unit you're using but in my opinion this is easier to use to make numerous of the same unit have display different animations too.

Nichilus is right about the usefulness of Queue Animation, but again its with strings which is annoying. You'll ultimately have to do whichever is easier/more useful to you.

Level 2
ahhh yes, thank you. I didnt realize you just typed in "attack" and there wasnt an option for it.

Thanks again!

ill poke around with both to try them out. Thanks for the info everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.