• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger Research help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im trying to make a system to where the player uses a spell it creates a potion and it researches Fire. i got that its done. then i want them to be able to build tower Fire and a trigger to take the potion also unlearn the research. i havent been able to take the potion or unlearn the research.

Level 6
If i'm getting you at the right point, you want to research/build a potion. And upgrade a Tower with that potion. And you tried it with a research type thingy.

First of all you cant reset any upgrade/research. But however you can do that stuff you wanted. Create a dummy Unit, which will be build insted of the research. Do a Trigger which fires when a Units is build, remove the fake Unit and place a Item instead. Then give the Poition to the Tower (the Tower needs an Inventory) replace Tower via Trigga - bang - new Fire Tower. Going in Detail

• Events
    • A Unit finishes Training
  • Conditions
    • Trained Unit is equal to FakeFirePotion
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove (Last Trained Unit) from Game
    • Item - Create 1 Fire Potion at (Postion of Unit (Last Trained Unit))
  • Events
    • A Unit aquires an Item
  • Conditions
    • Triggering Unit is equal to MyTower
  • Actions
    • Unit - Replace Unit with my Fire Tower
Those Trigger arent 100% accuarte, just guessed out of the blue. If some could look em up in the Editor before i get home :)

If not ill post the correct Triggers later on.

Level 2
not exactly what i wanted but it does work for what i want...just a little modification....thank you alot

EDIT: ok so i need a little more help.... the thing is i need it to work like this..............you need the item to build the building...then the item disapears....the item is just there for user reference on what they have......but i need the building to have some kind of dependency to sumthing and u cant use items....maybe units...but i cant destroy the unit after the building is complete.....only last created...

Last edited:
Level 6
uh oh? very hard to understand which way you wanna go. So you need the Item or the Unit as reference to what the player can build at the moment? The Upgrad can only done when a ceratin condition is met?

Try to give me an example on what it sould be ingame later on...

Level 2
ok ill tell u the whole plan...hehe guess i should have just done that at begining.......

its a Race based on alchemist....u need certain requirements to build towers.... for the requirements i used potions......but since u cant use items as dependincies im only using the potions for user reference.....but for the buildings i need some kind of dependent that i can give and take away..... researches i can only give.......so thats out

Level 2
ok well if u can use a item as a dependent to a building can u?....if not i want to use the unit.....and i need to be able to remove the item from the inventory on beggining construction of the unit...........

Unit cant build fire tower needs fire potion-> uses skill Fire -> Gains Fire Potion -> builds fire tower -> fire potion gets removed -> too build fire tower refollow steps

Fire potion is just a idea if u cant use it a unit will do fine...but also later ingame it will be used like this

unit cant build smoke tower needs water and fire potion -> uses skill fire -> gains fire potion -> uses skill water -> gains water potion -> builds smoke tower -> fire and water potion gets removed -> too build smoke tower refollow steps

EDIT: thank you for all the help i figured out a way to do it though....haha its simple but unique i will post a nice tut about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.