• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I wanted to make a blood mage with no dmg but with orbs he can control with the orb command spell
untill now i have the orbs movement ( they move at random locations around the blood mage without attack nearby hostile/enemy units) im doing the attack order but when i do it after they kill the target they dont come back to theyr movement trigger they stay there and attack nearby hostile/enemy units what do i have to use to make it work

and if u find the solution quickly can u also help me do it so a random orb goes to hit the target once and returns to its movement trigger and after a whyle another random orb attacks the target and so on untill it dies or the blood mage cancels it

id apreciate any solution and any good ideas (solutions more apreciated :thumbs_up:)

Level 2
im actually pretty new how will a dummy fix my problem? because i dont think a dummy can fix this and if it can i need an explanation on how and if u need more info about my trigger i can give u all the things i did to make the triggers

Level 17
I'm pretty sure you need a couple of booleans there.

Attack once, then turn boolean attack[1] (it's an array for each player) false.
Make trigger, if boolean attack[1] = false then make the orb move funny.
If boolean attack[1] = true then make him attack.
Make an other trigger for turning it on after it moved funny for some time.

And u need some booleans to check what the current order of the blood mage is.

Just to lazy to make this, but u need something like this.

Level 2
k thx but ill have to check bo... w/e the word is on worldedit site cuz u dont really explain it well but ty that may be the solution i needed

Level 17
A boolean is a variable, (u can make them in the variable editor at the trigger editor (the big X)).

A boolean variable is a variable that can store a false or true.
Using it as an array is better, since u can let say use it for multiple players then.
The array is the 'level' of it. You can compare it with a appartment building.
Boolean[1] means first floor
Boolean[2] means second floor etc.
Each floor will store a false or true.

You need to use set variable to set (in this case) the boolean to either false and true.
Use the boolean as a comparison to check if it's false or true, and decide yourself what to do when it's false or when it's true. (I suggest the if/then/else trigger.

--------

If you don't know what I'm talking about I suggest you read a few tutorials about gui.
I suggest you take a look at this tutorial about basic gui and this tutorial about variables.

I hope this helps you.

~ Airandius

Status
Not open for further replies.