• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger 'On Hit'?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way to trigger on hit rather than on attack because on attack, the unit still hasnt HIT its target, therefore no damager has been dealt yet, which is what I need it for. With that being said, is there a way to find the base damage of a unit through triggers?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Level 2
Thanks for that. But that's sorta what I have already. The problem with that being that I have to trigger it EVERY time a unit it attacked. That causes lag. Lag which I'm trying to get rid of.

I guess I wasn't specific enough, so here's a little more info on the task at hand:

I have a tower which has Missile(Bounce) and I have a trigger which causes the tower to DamageTarget any unit it hits dealing DamageDealt and then displaying the towers damage x2 in red floating text as if it were Critical Strike. The reason I took this approach is because if you use the actual Critical Strike ability it prevents the attack from bouncing any time the Critical Strike takes effect.

So as an alternative, to reduce the lag it produces, I'm trying to come up with a solution that I can trigger as the tower attacks. Not every time it hits (which includes every unit in the bounce).

The only thing I could come up with, but not get to work, was to change the damage loss factor to a negative value, in theory, increasing the damage it deals per bounce. Again, this failed.

Anything would help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.