• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The "Stand Hit" Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm not sure if this topic has been raised before, I've have tried searching for it in the forums, but don't really find any exact answer.

Some of the models made by Blizzard contains the "Stand Hit" animation, but how come the actual game does not use it. It is very obvious that the animation is supposed to be played automatically when the unit receives damage. I believe this adds alot to the gameplay especially for a Hero vs. Hero maps.

Second thing, for anyone who uses the animation in their maps, please share on the triggers that make use of the "stand hit" animation. Thnks

Level 6
VGsatomi said:
Exactly what units have "stand hit?" Ihave never seen any. Some of the WoW models have them, but those were leftover, unused anims that were supposed to be taken out.
-VGsatomi

These are some of units I've found with the "stand hit" animation-
Hero Paladin
Riderless Horse
Jailor Kassan
Hero Shadow Hunter
Nightelf Archer
Quillboar
Eventhough the animations were never used, I would like to know if anyone had ever used them for their maps :?:

Thnks

Level 6
SO far, I have been experimenting with it using the following simple trigger,

Condition
:arrow: Unit takes damage

Action
:arrow: Order (Attacked Unit) to Stop
:arrow: Play (Attacked Unit)'s stand hit animation

It works nicely but can only be done on the specific unit. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.