• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Trigger not adjusting camera angle and FoV correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey! This may seem a bit silly, but I am having a strange problem.

What I'm trying to do is adjust the camera's angle and FoV with triggers, but they don't seem to be working. I've stripped the triggers to be as simple as possible, looking like this:

• Angle plus
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Angle +
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Angle of attack to ((Angle of attack of the current camera view) - 2.00) over 0.25 seconds
  • FoV plus
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Field of View +
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Field of view to ((Field of view of the current camera view) + 1.00) over 0.25 seconds
Yet, they don't work. The problem is that the camera just snaps to one location and then repeated clicks don't work as expected (they should just keep increasing/decreasing the number indefinitely).

With the angle, the camera moves to what I'm thinking is the 0 degrees (laying flat on the ground), then it just bounces (I'm guessing that 2 degrees from the trigger) up and down, back and forth, which doesn't make sense, since the trigger should only be deceasing the angle.

With the FoV, when I push the button the camera snaps very close to the ground, like zooming in. I'm guessing to the minimum on 20 FoV and then does nothing even if I keep clicking the button again.

Is this some kind of bug, or am I just missing something too obvious here?

Last edited:
Do use
"Camera Field Of Current Object" => Current Camere

instead of
"Camera Field Of Current Camera"

the first one:
cam.png

Status
Not open for further replies.