• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Trigger Help (Spells)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, i wanted to make two spells, not sure if theyre gonna need to be triggered but anyway :
1-Triple Soul Slash :
Like, the hero does a mirror image that makes 2 other copies of himself, but they cant be clicked and are invulnerable. Then, all three do like a shock wave towards a point, then the copies will disappear, but the copies shock wave damage is real.
I know you gotta give Locust and Invulnerable (Neutral) as abilities to the copies and that you need to trigger theyre creations *like when you cast the spell, the copies are made* but the rest im not so sure...

2-Throw :
I think its like the moon glaive or the attack of the warden like throw the weapon, but like its a hammer and i wanted it to like bounce, hitting 4 units.
Kinda like a mix of moon glaive/chain lightning, but it isnt a passive skill, i think i have to take the moon glave model and replace it with a hammer model, but how do you do the chain attack and turn it like not passive?

Im kinda inexperienced in making spells with triggers >.>, i used to just copy spells and add new values and edit them a little bit, but i dont know how to really change the spell, variables and everything are complicated ...
Ive started to trigger triple soul slash and i dont know how to order the hero to start his skill, and then to order the two copies to do it too.
Anyways you guys have any idea how to make these spells?

EDIT :
Ok, so im still working on my Triple Soul Slash, ive made the events and conditions like unit casts spell and stuff, in the actions i wanted to add the hero and the mirror images to a unit group and then order the group to cast the spell, but ive benn trying for a good 8 mins, but how do you add the mirror images to the unit group and if you have another way, go ahead and tell me ^^.
Oh and thanks d3ath, ill make the throw spell later, still working on the first :)

Last edited:
Level 7
I think i know about 2 make upgrade that gives bonus bounce targets add it to your hero or unit ( make your hero/unit Combat attack - Weapon type to Missile(bounce)) and when hero learns it make trigger that sets upgrade level I think it could work.
Heres how trigger should look like
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Bounce bonus skill
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Bounce bonus to (Level of Bounce bonus skill for (Learning Hero)) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))
EDIT: I think i know about first one too. Create your ability as shockwave and make trigger something like this
  • Triple
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Triple...
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Illusion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 150.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Add Shockwave to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Shockwave for (Last created unit) to (Level of Shockwave for (Casting unit))
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Set Unit[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Illusion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 150.00 towards 90.00 degrees) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Add Shockwave to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Shockwave for (Last created unit) to (Level of Shockwave for (Casting unit))
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Set Unit[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Order Unit[1] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Order Unit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Remove Unit[1] from the game
      • Unit - Remove Unit[2] from the game
I don't really know about degrees but it should look something like this (i guess ) and don't forget give Illusions Locus and invulnerable ability and about
Try to make color more like illusion's . it could be not really good skill but try to make it my way or wait until someone who really know what to say help you :alol:

Last edited:
Level 29
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your_Ability
    • Actions
      • Set Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Point[1] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point[(Integer A)] = (Point[0] offset by 80.00 towards ((Facing of (Triggering unit)) - 90.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[(Integer A)] facing Point[1]
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point[1]
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[GetForLoopIndexA()])
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point[(Integer A)] = (Point[0] offset by ((Real((Integer A))) x 80.00) towards ((Facing of (Triggering unit)) + 90.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[(Integer A)] facing Point[1]
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point[1]
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[GetForLoopIndexA()])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])

Variables Used: Point - Point variable, arrayed.

The main ability (that your unit is casting) is also Shockwave.
The dummy's should have Locust and your Shockwave, no need inv because they can't be targeted since they have Locust.

2. Use Chain Lightning and change model ?

Level 4
Thanks guys, i can finally make those abilities ^^ but hmmm which trigger is better lol? I'll just try both anyways so im gonna see.

Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks guys, i can finally make those abilities ^^ but hmmm which trigger is better lol? I'll just try both anyways so im gonna see.

better try ghostwolf on your triple ..... and you could try bounce in my way if you want than each attack and bounce deal same damage as your hero damage but if you want you could make it ghostwolf way...

Level 29
I think i know about 2 make upgrade that gives bonus bounce targets add it to your hero or unit

He did say he wanted it to be casted (not passive) ...

Oh and by the way, I made it to make 4 illusions since I forgot how much you wanted and was too lazy to look up.
Just make it run from 2 to 2 instead of 2 to 3 (or just make it without loop).

Status
Not open for further replies.