• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger help, regarding doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys

I need a simple trigger for my map to make doodads move. I know that you can kill, remove, create, revive etc doodads, but i cant find a trigger which will move them
Basically the trigger needs to pick all doodads within a region and move them 50 towards 270, nothing too hard, except the damn option i need isnt there. dont you hate that?

Cheers for any help
Bort

Level 13
Well i geusse you can't move,Destroy Or remove any doodads exept for the destructibles.
You could do the thing you want with Destructibles via, removing and creating them on the spot you wish to creat them.
(It's about the only way, but it should be enough to work out)

Level 6
Hmm....

will that remove/replace trigger work instantly or lag?

the trigger (in an ideal world) would look kinda like this:

Race
Events: Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions: PauseFinish equal to False
Actions:
Pick every destructible within forest.gen and do move picked destrictible instantly to position of picked destrictible offset by 25 towards 270

basically this makes me a moving forest :)

except it seems as though (from u guys' help) that the actions will need to be....
Pick every destructible within forest.gen and do:
remove picked destructible
create picked destructible at position of picked destructible offset by 25 towards 270...

the destructibles/trees in the map constantly respawn: they (should) move from the top of the map to the bottom, then be spawned back at the top and move down to the bottom... etc etc etc.
another trigger in need in the map would be for if a unit 'hits' a tree, it dies (big SPLAT on screen, and it flashes for a few seconds, becoming invunerable and not being able to hit anything, also slowing down.
How can i do that trigger?

hmm i hate having cool ideas and not being able to finish them off...
Cheers
Bort

Level 6
Try making a unit as a tree, giving it the locust ability, so players won't be able to select it, then use the Unit- Move unit to Point action. But this takes time, as trees got alot of variations, and size, to your map. But it's an efficient way, I tried it.

Level 6
@[DragonSS]amurai-X : I thought about this way but i was deterred by the number of variations i would have to make :? Still, it seems thats the ony way to do it, so i'll give it a try

Thanks
Bort

Status
Not open for further replies.