• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seaching for partner who does terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys

I'm creating a LOTR campaign map and while I'm fine with triggers and abilities and stuff and (fingers crossed) will be fine with models/skins, I lack a bit in the terrain making department. So, if anyone would like to help and they are fantastic at terraining/doodads, please reply/pm me and we'll discuss working together :D

Also a question: would i need to get licensing to use voices/sounds from the LOTR movies in my map?

Bort

Level 4
Im pretty decent at map making, if you give me the basic layout. I can do it pretty well, but it might take a few days, I have school and Im working on my own project. :?

Im also pretty handy with the triggers and such, so I could help you with that a bit. :)

Not sure about the legal stuff. :shock:

Level 6
Thanks mate

this project will probably run over a year :D and be the best LOTR campaign ever... :? it will be.... im sure of it...

when i've finished the basic triggers for the first level (helms deep) i'll send it to u if you're keen.
I've done the (very basic) layout of cliffs/walls and water, and done some very tricky stuff with the Deeping Wall so its destructible etc, but thats about it... very few doodads or anything

but just wait and i'll post it if ur still keen on helping
Bort

Level 13
i can make terrain from scratch, or perfect the current terrain, so if something doesnt look right, email me (actually im using my brother's account, but who cares)

Level 6
Ok thanks guys

I wont need help for a while, im getting all the triggers working now (which will take a while so i can learn how to do cinematics) and am finishing off 2 other projects, BUT then i will need help...

But, in the meantime, email me ([email protected]) with a cool map you've done, or even make a small Helms Deep map for me ;)

Thanks a lot for any help
Bort

Status
Not open for further replies.