• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making a map need help/advices/crit/feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi im making a new map and i want to make an ORPG i need some help

in the map there'll be dungeons,8 heroes 3 classes for all heroes ...

i need help with pvp arena (or whatever its called) where players can fight but can i do it without jass ??

i need the units in dungeons to revive somehow when you leave the dungeon so you can replay the dungeon and i need to make a trigger like

Unit-Triggering unit picks up item

Triggering unit equal to hero

Move triggering unit instantly to ... area

will this trigger work ??

i attached my map i also need comments and feedback pls play it and tell me how it is

Attachments

• AX's ORPG A.w3x
    160.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 10
Yes you can make an arena without Jass, you could make it using GUI and going with the dungeon, that is a very simple trigger actually it would look something like.

Event: Unit leaves region

Action: Revive all units owned by player (???) with old unit's relative life and mana.

The item trigger is easy if the item is already on the ground.

If you need any more help don't be afraid to ask!

Level 10
Well an arena would be like however so often you take the players you want and put them somewhere and then when someone has died or met your victory conditions you have won and then you put the characters back in a different region.

Level 9
Just a note, your map leaks in almost every single trigger. I recommend you fix it to advoid problems when the map get more stuff in it.

Level 3
i will fix the triggers i just couldnt find the time to open the world editor for 2 weeks and im planning stuff ... and which triggers do you talk about if you tell it would be much more easier to fix it ... thanks anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.