• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys, can someone please tell me how can I make this trigger?

Let's say 3 Players choose their favorite hero, but the Player locations are different from each other.
How can I make a trigger that knows if a Hero dies (the dying hero is owned by X Player) it will then revive the Hero at it (owned X Player Location) or Region?

Thank you.

Level 9
There are some good tutorials right here in Hive for triggers. Like Basics of Triggers.

Here's an example of the trigger you wanted:

• Hero Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) start location)
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at TempPoint, Show revival graphics
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Level 9
The hero is summoned with an altar or picked in some other way?

You have to create x number of regions, one for every player. Like RevivePoint_Red, RevivePoint_Blue...etc. Then when a hero dies you check for the owning player and revive the hero at the corresponding region

Level 2
Thank you so much for Dying Unit it works perfectly.
But what about for the Killing Unit? Can I do the same thing?

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Can you stop being afraid of buttons and actually check what they do, their purpose, and read?
All your questions can be simply answered by trying, and even trial and error. Get your hands on the job and don't be lazy. If you get stuck then you ask your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.