• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Help Paweeze 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hello all im sure some of you are familiar with Run Kitty Run and AoIE4..well i wanna know how to do the Circle of power revive thingy they do..is it in vjass? maybe GUI maybe MUI? all i know is i need that trigger for my new upcoming map help anyone?

Level 3
i want it like when the unit dies a circle of power will spawn at deathpoint then when a unit comes within range of it i want it to do "Hero - Revive" at said region

i want it like when the unit dies a circle of power will spawn at deathpoint then when a unit comes within range of it i want it to do "Hero - Revive" at said region

Bad description, it also moves the circle point to the nearbiest slide (or walk) terrain ^^ If not, you will be obligated to die to save your ally which is dead on the death path.

Yeah, the revived units should be moved back to starting/check points to prevent from redundant death but my system only follows what he stated, not to improvise in any way.

Wrong.

He should'nt move to the start level, he just should move outside the death path ^^ The nearest point which is not on the death path.

Afaik, he depends of which death system you're using, if you're using Check Path or Regions.

If my memory is good, Nomorholywars (called Arun too) was one of the firsts who included this system in mazes/slides when he ruined Murloc Slide for the second time with Murloc Revenge (after the vSex)

Level 33
Oh nonono, what I meant was not the unit dies by entering "prohibited regions", no.
I meant was he got killed by patrols of wolves (or any other monsters), the revived units should be revived (moved) to the last checkpoint, not the same location again to avoid the unit to die redundantly and abruptly.

Yours is talking about death of unit based on regions, while mine is based on creeps patrolling.

Oh nonono, what I meant was not the unit dies by entering "prohibited regions", no.
I meant was he got killed by patrols of wolves (or any other monsters), the revived units should be revived (moved) to the last checkpoint, not the same location again to avoid the unit to die redundantly and abruptly.

Yours is talking about death of unit based on regions, while mine is based on creeps patrolling.

But both are presents in Mazes and Slides ^^

And you don't revive to the checkpoint with this, you should revive where you dead (with some offset if you was dead on the death path). You also don't move the ~2 first seconds in slide (you can just orient your hero) and also invulnerable for ~3/4 seconds (for don't die just after respawn).

Level 3
i would like the region and patroll kill thing...im working on this map very hard atm and this help will be greatly appricated! i will also give credits! major credits...alot of credits...so much credits you will be loved by all of USEast 0.0

Level 3
while im at it do you have a VLoc code i could use?
EDIT: nvmd i didnt relise this thing had a very nice untargetable/unclickable code
EDIT: could i get a seperate map with this locoust thing you added?

Level 3
btw i gave this to 3ice and he said excellent work there...there's barely any leaks within it and its a great starting thing for someone like me :D

Level 3
yes i do not understand how it patrols without any regions how the "excuse me for my language" fuck did you do that?
EDIT: 1 more thing i dont understand these patrols

Last edited:
Level 3
i have 1 final question for this...could you make it so the circle of power spawns on the safe path? or is it stuck on the death path..cuz i dont mind adding a coin to save poeple

Level 33
For patrolling without regions, I just use basic function of Point-type variable.

For the respawn, you want other alive unit to run into that circle and revive the owner of that circle ?

Well, you could always create a region/point at a safe path (usually created at Checkpoints per stage)

So, when you revive the unit with the circle, simply after revive the unit, move it instantly to last checkpoints of the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.