• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Trigger Help: (Owner of Item) uses an Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi! Im trying to make a trigger that unhides a waygate and activates it when a certain item is used.

"Currently, I have owner of (certain item) uses an item" as my event.

(then unhide portal, activate portal, remove (certain item) from game, for actions)

My actions are fine, I have no conditions since I dont understand them yet.

But it isnt working. After the hero picks up the item, and uses it, nothing happens.

So how should I make this trigger? Thanks in advance :)

Level 16
Well I think the event need to be
  • test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
because "item is being manipulated" includes the pick up of an item, but he said he use it (just a small note^^)
// Edit: This event doesn't exist at all as I see =S

Then you can refer to the item user like this (I give it in GUI because I don't know if you can handle jass^^)

• test
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gem Fragment
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- actions for player 1 only --------
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- actions for player 2 only --------
            • Else - Actions
Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 20
Eh.. MAYBE the trigger is fine, but, does your item has an ability in the object editor?

As far as I know, items that are 'actively used' and don't have an ability, don't trigger the 'Item is used'. Add it some dummy effect if it doesn't have one already.

The only condition you need is 'Triggering Unit is A Hero = True' (Boolean Comparison), and you reveal the portal to 'Owner of Triggering Unit'

In the worst cases: Post your triggers or your map so we can give a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.