• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Help for my ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I'm working on an ORPG, and for the most part its working fine, However, theres a few things I would like to know for triggers/ abilities.

First of all for the creep triggers, I have Neutral hostile, and neutral passive, and 4 different comp controlled factions.
For the creeps, I want them to spawn, and patroll to a point (Or in some cases attack a point, if I want them to wander around an area), I have taht working, But the problem is- They dont stop spawning, and I am currently using 2 different creep partolls from different factions killing eachother. I am just wondering if how would I be able to stop the creeps from spawning until they are all killed in the region that they occupy (If this had some of the starcraft options, I would have it by now)? (e.g. All the creeps in the region die, 30 seconds later it spawns the mob again).

Alternatly, although if people think this is a better idea- I could have the creeps control eachothers populations, and also have some faction patrols in areas with some powerful units periodically wiping out creeps. (Will probably be powerful heros controlled by neutral passive.)

A unit trait- I have one hero, that I want to die when its mana reaches 0, and damage to be done to its mana instead of life. I have done a thing with manashield, but I want it to activate automatically, and be unable to have the ability turn off- also, If I can deactivate the graphic that displays manashield as 'on' (the blue aura) would be supurb.

Also, along the lines of spells, I have most of the ones I want (Found around this site, and given credit too- but I modified the way some look), But theres a few I would like to implement but I have not found. I want to implement an infernoish spell like in Vexorians caster system, but to look like Diablo's Lightning inferno. If i can get this so that it does not need vexorians system, has multiple levels, and it could either be in GUI, or JASS (I am not completley useless, with JASS I can usually decipher what to alter to make it look different, do more or less damage, ect. But I cannot code something myself or make anything completly origional)

And If I could get a leap attack spell like this one here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/874/
but In Jass, it would be great. (I am more competent with GUI, but if its possible, it would save the pain of all that clicking, a copy and paste + a few alterations for the ability listing- instead of creating all those annoying variable things used in GUI)

Can I make any other unit ethereal like the spirit walker, but make them retain thier ability to attack while ethereal? Can move speed be added to burrowed and sumberged units?

Another thing I'm wondering (I could do most with map wide auras, and thats what I'm planning), but there is another thing I'm wondering- Can I make it so that if a person builds a certian building that it boosts thier gold gained from creeps and mines by a certian percent, and another ability thier experiance gained from killing enemy units by a certain percent? (Basically when they build a certian building).

Level 15
For unit number control, it is always good to use the condition:
integer comparison - number of units in(some region) is less then or equal to (some number)
This condition allows you to stop sparning units when their numbers grow too large.
Now about that mana shield. You can edit the buff of the mana shield in object editor. Just set all it's art models to none and the annoyng blue thing will be gone. You can kill your hero when his mana reaches 0 by a trigger but that will disable the detection of the killing unit. It is possible to detect that unit with certain triggers, but very tricky and unreliable. Hmm, i think i saw an aura that increases the money gained somewhere... You can do that with a map-wide aura and a trigger like this:
Actions:
unit - a unit dies
Conditions:
killing unit has buff(money aura)
Actions:
set player to owner of(killing unit)
add gold (n*money aura level) to player
this is just a quick and not so good way of doing this but it may prove helpful
i hope i helped in some way

Level 2
The creep respawn thing that you suggested is not working.
There is also a problem with the neutral hostile units- They will only walk so far from thier spawn point when ordered to patrol/attack an area, and will just head back to where they spawned.

Level 15
I don't know why that system isn't working :S
One thing i know, neutral hostile creeps have a certain problem. They are bound by a gameplay constant called something like camp distance. This constant determines how far a neutral hostile creep will go away from his spawn point(camp). You can change it in the gameplay constants, only i don't know the exact name, but you'll figure it out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.