• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Does Not Exist in Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I'm trying to hlep a friend out with his map and whenever I load his map i get a ton of (see title) errors. Im using JNGP and have UMSWE enabled, but I still cant open them. One of them is Timer - Destroy Timer, but I dont even have a timer section for actions o_O

Level 16
Timer - Destroy Timer is, iirc, a custom GUI trigger. Therefore if the TriggerData.txt in patch.mpq doesn't contain the custom triggers, you get the error.

Try asking your friend for a copy of his Triggerdata file and replacing your own with that. See if it works.

I am not guaranteeing a 100% success solution here, just basing it on what I know.

Level 19
Grr, apparently hes not using 1.5e hes using the one from the Tools section, I guess he just has to re-do his triggers cuz im not using old one.

Also, doomlord, our TriggerData.txt were identical

He may be using EGUI or some other extended GUI. Anyway, if you want to fix the error just follow this tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/modding-we-trigger-editor-52529/

And make a GUI function to supplement "Timer - Destroy Timer". It will remove that error. However, there may be even more. You'll have to do it for every error you get. It is a pretty annoying process in some cases, but it works.

(just note that it may open for you, but it won't work for you the same way it'll work for him in case you have different UI files)

Status
Not open for further replies.