• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems opening an Open Source map {"trigger function does not exist in database"}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am having problems opening a few open source maps. It says:

"Trigger function does not exist in database : - - - - "

- - - - : Is generalistic. There are 240 triggers that won't open.
After its done with all 240 triggers, it says ahem: CRITICAL ERROR.
Then it closes :(
Any ideas how i am able to open these maps?

Level 8
Open source map from???? Where, whom? What's its name?

Map 'protection' (a silly idea really) is basically making a corrupt trigger upon completion of making the map - I have accidentally 'protected' maps by using WEU to make triggers and attempt opening the map in Blizzards WE.

Most of the protected maps I have seen have one - only one - tiny error that causes the editor to shut down.

When I have used WEU to make triggers and used one or more of the trigger functions that comes only with WEU then I get many 'errors' or unreadble trigger functions - much like your error message.

I'm going to assume that the author of the map used a different type of editor, like WEU and you do not have the right program to open it.

If it is posted here as 'open' then the mods should know to correct the posting to say 'opens only in WEU' or words to that effect.

I say leave a message for the Author if at all possible.

Level 9
And If i don't have the right editor, such as WEU where would i be able to get it?I browsed quickly through the tools section, perhaps i may have missed it..
EDIT : World Editor Unlimited. Found it.
I contacted the author and he said he gave me the wrong copy. I guess I was too anxious to look at the map :p thanks alot. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.