• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trigger delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm having an issue where a trigger goes off right when it should sometimes, and then others it's got a long delay.

Only thing I can think of is I have too many triggers checking for conditions every 1 second. Is there a limit to how many triggers can check every 1 second?

Though i would be suprized if that is the issue as i only have 1-4 checking every 1 second at a time, and when they are not waiting the triggers are off.

Level 16
Seas =)

I don't know if there's a limit of this.

Also I think you need some more as 40 triggers that checks every 1 seconds hundreds of conditions. ( Ok if you got only 5 triggers that run at the same time with 500 lines of actions <-- this could be a problem ^^)

And if you use Jass / vJass <-- in this case I think you can have a very high limit.

I'm having an issue where a trigger goes off right when it should sometimes, and then others it's got a long delay.

Only thing I can think of is I have too many triggers checking for conditions every 1 second. Is there a limit to how many triggers can check every 1 second?

Though i would be suprized if that is the issue as i only have 1-4 checking every 1 second at a time, and when they are not waiting the triggers are off.

post the code maybe? I dont think there's a limit to how many triggers can run every second because there are maps with very high numbers of periodic triggers and they even have loops inside but doesn't cause lag at all... maybe its like Dr. Super Good said, you used waits... If you have so much love for time that even a microsecond-milisecond difference will bother then use timers..

Level 8
Well the delay was more like 20-40 seconds...
I was using wait for condition, condition of all units being out of a unit group.
When a unit died it was removed from the unit group.
It's to reset a dungeon.
When no units were in the dung after someone left, it was supposed to reset right away, checking the 2 unit groups players, and npcs. To see if they were both 0

It would work once just fine the first run through the dungeon and reset, but the 2nd time it would wait for the last unit to rot then reset. Then work fine again and reset right when the last enemy was killed, then the next run would have to wait for it to rot again, then work, and so on... every other time it worked.

But why it wouldn't remove the unit from the unit group when it was killed I have no idea.. it was just a kobald, no special abilities.

I got it working by changing the conditions of the reset, but now it's a bit longer every time, but not as long as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.