• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Jump Starting a trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to get it so that every so often a trigger spawns x amount of units at a certain location

• Region S1 1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Hostile at (Center of F1R1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Simple enough, then I want it to be so that after a minute and thirty-one seconds, another trigger ends the one I just posted

• Stop Set 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 31.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Region S1 3 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Region S1 1 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Region S1 2 <gen>
The reason I want those triggers to stop is so that I can create another simular set of triggers but with better, upgraded, units...

• Region S2 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Neutral Hostile at (Center of F1R1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
This trigger works well... tooo well.... The problem is that the second set of this type of upgrade unit start as soon as the map begins (Much like the first set) But I dont want it to activate till 1 minute and 31 seconds after the game starts!

How can I "Pause" this second set of triggers till 1 minute and 3 seconds has expired? I thought of using the "Wait" action, but I cant find it... Help? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong category for "wait"?

Level 11
Uncheck the "Initially On" box. This will make the trigger default to off when the map starts. Then just have another trigger turn it on after X amount of time.

Also, in your Region S2 1 trigger, get rid of that Turn Off Trigger action, or else that trigger would only run once (instead of once every 30 seconds).

Level 11
  • Region S2 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Neutral Hostile at (Center of F1R1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Why are you using "every 30 seconds" and then you use "turn off this trigger"?

that way your trigger is gonna be executed only 1 time and then no more

instead of "every 30 seconds" use "elapsed game time equal to 91 seconds" that will activate your trigger after 1minute and 31 seconds

EDIT: 3 posts at the same time saying the same xD (lol... mine took longer coz of the quote :p)

Level 2
Thank you for the replies! Yea... although it took me a while (Due to me posting this at nearly mid-night I didn't get a response till today) I found out most of everything that was posted here pre-hand lol And yes I did find out how idiotic it was to have "turn off (This Trigger) later on >:)

It was somewhat funny though, I did try the wait period... but the time frames that I wanted would not have worked witht he triggers (the wait period would be longer then the actual Time Repeat of the trigger... so the trigger would never actually happen because ti would continuously be "waiting" lol)

Thank you aznricepuff for the information, I might go back and correct it later...

What I ended up doing last night was just creating a "Initial Stop" trigger, where at the begining of the game the trigger would stop that set group, and thent he turn on trigger would work... But now knowing what you just told me I'll go back and fix it so it is a little bit more neat!

Why are you using "every 30 seconds" and then you use "turn off this trigger"?

that way your trigger is gonna be executed only 1 time and then no more

instead of "every 30 seconds" use "elapsed game time equal to 91 seconds" that will activate your trigger after 1minute and 31 seconds

EDIT: 3 posts at the same time saying the same xD (lol... mine took longer coz of the quote :p)

Thank you XD Yea I found that out later as well when my test unit was over-run by a mass of nuetral enemies lol The time frames I created are just for testing right now... I just wanted to get the trigger working before thinking of how long and in what period the trigger should activate XD Thanks though!

-Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.