• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Trigger-added items won't show colored Tooltips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey!
When adding items to a vendor via trigger, the first part of its tooltip (which usually contains the items name) does not show any colors.
It's just plain white, meaning that even Summon |cffffcc00Albus Dumbledore|r will be displayed as Summon Albus Dumbledore, although it should be Summon Albus Dumbledore.

The second part of the tooltip behaves as normal.

Is there a way to show the color?

The best solution that came to my mind, was emptying the basic tooltip line, and write it into the advanced tooltip.
But this either leads to heavy displaying bugs (when completely emptying the basic tooltip) or to a space line on top of it (when only putting a space in it), so I am not yet convinced.

I would like to hear, if you have any ideas concerning this problem :)

Greetings!
Eikonium

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Actually you should change the "Tooltip - Basic" instead of changing "Name" cause the name is just for the editor and the tooltip - basic is the In game name with tooltip extention being the description. FOr yellow type -

|c00ffff00 Albus Dumbledore|r (try copying this it will work 100 %)

Level 20
Funny that you think that I've mistaken the name with the basic tooltip^^
I did actually not mistake them :D

The problem here is:
The color is displayed normally, when adding the item to the vendor in the object editor.
The color won't show up, when I add the item via trigger.

Please try it for yourself ;)

Level 22
I had this problem too. I also believe that adding items via trigger will remove them from the market when the stock was gone. What I did is to create a new store with the added items since in my situation, there are only two possibilities, one with extra items and one without the extra items.

Level 18
Now that I see people having this problem, I recall having the same problem in my map; Adding items to the shop removes the color of the key shortcut (eg. [F]).
And also the shortcut doesn't work.

We request assistance in solving this!
Although I know a workaround to this, but I want to know is there any other way.

Level 20
I also believe that adding items via trigger will remove them from the market when the stock was gone.
This problem did not occur for me, although I remember having it in an older map of mine.
It could be related to the item settings, or to the abilities you gave to your neutral market. Let's share both, we should find it out ;)
egz5zq.jpg

Item Settings

Neutral Markets abilities are: Ane2, Aall (or AaII?), Asid

BloodDrunk said:
Although I know a workaround to this, but I want to know is there any other way.
I would be interested in that workaround :)
Could you share it with us?

Level 20
To be honest, I wanted to help you in that matter, because I thought that you didn't want the items to disappear :)
Indeed, this won't solve my problem at all.
Your workaround is not applicable for me sadly, because I use the Add Items function to refresh the cooldown of the sold items.

I currently use the method of writing the whole tooltip in the advanced tooltip line, but that's not satisfying because of the problems which I mentioned in the first post.

Level 18
This are RAW values. Ctrl+D
@Eikonium, the workaround to my problem would ve to just create more same shops with wanted items.
So, if I select easy mode, I'll create the shop with all items, andif I let's say select hard mode, if I don't want to display some items, I'll just create different, but same shop with only few of those items. Exactly the same with adding items.

Does this makes sense to you?

Level 22
This are RAW values. Ctrl+D
@Eikonium, the workaround to my problem would ve to just create more same shops with wanted items.
So, if I select easy mode, I'll create the shop with all items, andif I let's say select hard mode, if I don't want to display some items, I'll just create different, but same shop with only few of those items. Exactly the same with adding items.

Does this makes sense to you?

That's my workaround too but he already stated that it is not applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.