• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trees droping items strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Some things in my WE are in polish so i had to translate a little. I think it's all understandable now (or even like in your WE).

So i have such a trigger, which should respond to dying destructible within "po ehhe" region. Destructible has to be tree from sunken ruins. So i created some tree in my map and made this trigger sure all works. then i added many more trees in my map and this trigger dont respond when they die! I checked few times they are trees from sunken ruins :/
I created some new trees close to those first on map and they drop...
Also im sure they are all in the "po ehhe" region. Before it was even "playable map area". I dont really know what's happening.

• treedie
    • Events
      • Destructible - A destructible within po ehhe <gen> dies
    • Conditions
      • (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) equal to Ruins - Tree
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_loc = (Position of (Dying destructible))
      • Item - Create Log at Temp_loc
      • Item - Create Stick at Temp_loc
      • Item - Create Stick at Temp_loc
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_loc)

Level 4
Mmm i didn't knew that tree can have items to drop like unit. But i have to manually pick all trees in map right? Trees aren't the only dodoads (i don't know if this good word but you know what i mean trees, rocks and all) in my map if u pick them all together won't that make any crash? If not thats cool.

Level 4
Okey. When i press "Select All" it select rocks too. But under this there is "Select All Special" (or something like that, translate again...) and that selected only trees. Great thx for help, it is all much easier now :)

Level 18
supertoinkz said:
Doodads are just for the props, they can't be killed.

Well you can play their death animation :smiley:

Yoghurt69 said:
So i have such a trigger, which should respond to dying destructible within "po ehhe" region.

Yoghurt69 said:
then i added many more trees in my map and this trigger dont respond when they die!

Yoghurt69 said:
I created some new trees close to those first on map and they drop...

Are you sure the other trees you placed were within the region that you specified?

Also, try changing the region to "Map Bounds" or something similar and see if it still fails to work properly.

Level 4
Well im sure they were all the same kind of trees and all in that region. That was the most strange thing i ever saw in WE. But now when i know that tree can drop item just like unit i will leave that mysterious problem ^^

Level 18
I made a trigger that successfully makes Blades of Attack items whenever a village tree dies at the exact location of the tree. I don't know what you've managed to do, but it's probably something specific to your map.

And yes, you can have destructables set to drop items on death. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.