• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trees and lumber into gold, and sending lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, im making a new map and i need some help making indestructable trees and i need a button that changes lumber into gold. Also i need some help on a command that sends lumber to other players

Oh i almost forgot: there is also a weird thing with the gold mines and sending players gold (ex: i need 3 runs back and forth [1 gold per run] to get 1 gold... same thing with sending i need 3 gold to send pple gold)

Level 7
for trees go object editor, doodads and destructibles
go for destructibles, lookup the treetype you use on your map and set its life to maximum (99999999) or something
Didnt understand what you mean with that button thing
And you want players to send ressources by trigger ? Why ? There is ally menu :D

Level 1
for trees go object editor, doodads and destructibles
go for destructibles, lookup the treetype you use on your map and set its life to maximum (99999999) or something
Didnt understand what you mean with that button thing
And you want players to send ressources by trigger ? Why ? There is ally menu :D
yeah... the destructibles have a max of 100k and that is used in the end :/, i dont want to use wisps either...
i need the trigger cause the numbers are too big :p
and the button thing is that, ex: i have 10k wood and i can swap it with 1 gold or something like that... (if you have played then like crazy vamp)

Level 9
For the trees.. take away the gathering resourse skill and add in trees as a target type for your peasant. Write a trigger that run everytime a tree is attacked and the attacker is a peasant to give X amount of lumber to the owner of attacking unit.

Make a custom item base on the gold coins, make it cost 10k wood and give 1 gold, and add it into the items sold section in Object editor of your main hall. Give Main hall hero inventory to allow it to use items.

Or you can just make dummy skill and a trigger, whenever that dummy skill is clicked, check the amount of wood the player has, if has more than 10k wood, subtract it and add 1 gold.

Level 1
umm this brings up a couple of new things...
i have different workers...
and could you name the triggers and stuff i need to do cause i didnt get it ^^
(i am still new in all the mapmakin stuff :p)

• Indestructable Trees
  • Events
    • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • And - All (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • (Current life of (Picked destructible)) Less than (Max life of (Picked destructible))
                • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
          • Then - Actions
            • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to 100.00%
          • Else - Actions
That should take care of it. :grin:

Level 7
if you want it more easy do the maximum tree health stuff and run a trigger all 5 minutes or so that picks all destructibles of type tree and sets life to 100%

For the lumber/gold exchange... you can do a shop that sells them
There are already items in object editor you just change the values

Level 1
  • Indestructable Trees
  • Events
    • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • And - All (Conditions) are true
              • Conditions
                • (Current life of (Picked destructible)) Less than (Max life of (Picked destructible))
                • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
          • Then - Actions
            • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to 100.00%
          • Else - Actions
That should take care of it. :grin:

ok good... now i only need only a couple of more things to go ^^:p
and apocalypse thx for the ''buttons'' ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.