• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qtw

Qtw

Level 2
i need a spell for a map that i put my foot down and decided to finish. the spell needs one function. to make trees grow anywhere. i need it to make infinate resources. currently i can make mines but not trees. can someone help me make the spell? it needs to be the size of the flamestrike spell. you know the spell for the blood elf mage hero that makes a circle and then flames come out of it. i dont need any fancy animations for it. just need a spell for trees. also if you think the thing is taking to long then give up on it i dont want to waste your time. thanks in advance.

Level 12
hmmmm, quite easy, make it so it summons trees on area, i could make it if u let me the time to :p
Edit: i didnt spend alot of time on it, so u can edit it, but u get the point
if old cut-down trees stop you from making new ones, make it do it deleted all doodads in the Region be4 making the trees :p, adding more trees will make less free spot in between them
Attached:

Attachments

• Tree Spawn.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 70

Qtw

Qtw

Level 2
sweet thanks! ill be sure to credit you for helping me. hopefully i dont forget. and i do just remind me. i have poor memery because of the stupid medication i take.
crap i forgot to ask how to import the spell.

Level 12
:p my US-East name is GodZ-BlacK for now, im waiting for kevv2 to be able to be over-writen in 3 months

imma see if u can import a single spell over already-made custom spells

Ok, got it

First, open this map, opent he Object Editor, go over "Tree Spawn" Copy it, files>Open> then open your map
go into Object Editor > Ability > Paste

for the trigger, its the same thing Copy, open map, Paste DONT CLOSE World Editor in between else it wont record them, it will not paste if it closes

Qtw

Qtw

Level 2
ahh fudge monkeys. i cant get the spell to be put in the object editor. is it my vista? am i screwing up? or am i just a loser with absolutely no skill in map making :sad: ?if you want i can send the map to you so you can put it in.if thats ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.