• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transporting only some units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Remove the ability for that transporter unit for sometime...

in ships for example, remove temporarily the Cargo Hold & Load ships ability...
I don't think this would work if I want just some one unit to not be able to get in while others still can.
  • Unload
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport
    • Conditions
      • Your Condition
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order TransportUnit to Unload (Triggering unit)
Action order is under Unit - Issue Order Targeting A Unit
Ok yea, but can I still return the unit to it's original position before it went in? I mean the in and out thing shouldn't take more than 0 seconds or it could bug.

Go to your Unit in the Object editor, scroll to Stats - Transported Size, Shift + Enter and type "-1". It won't load the unit within.
To achieve this in-game, e.g. after some sort of a quest, use a trigger like this:
  • One
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Target unit of issued order) Not equal to No unit
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Goblin Zeppelin
              • (Unit-type of (Target unit of issued order)) Equal to Goblin Zeppelin
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
          • Unit - Order (Target unit of issued order) to Stop
        • Else - Actions

Attachments

• Prevent transportation.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 30
Level 33
Go to your Unit in the Object editor, scroll to Stats - Transported Size, Shift + Enter and type "-1". It won't load the unit within.

He wants it to be situational
Not ALL units cannot enter the transport

@Jaakko
Why don't you give it a try in a test map or so... ?
I'm sure it won't take a minute =D
After all, we're here pointing out some suggestions, you should try it to see the effectiveness
Good Luck !

EDIT:
I see you have edit your post Pharaoh T_T

Level 19
Just put to your unit-type that couldn't go inside a transport the "suicidal" classification like the goblin sapper.
Sounds interesting, will this classification have any other effects?
EDIT: Thanks for the help, adding the sapper classification is the easiest way to do it.

Last edited:
Level 22
No side effects.

This is from WC3C.net: ''Suicidal/Sapper: Units that have a 'Asds' (Self Destruct) ability and are tagged suicidal will automatically self destruct on enemies with a right click. In many maps you probably don't need that feature so you can abuse this unit classification to tag certain unit types. The classification can then be checked in the allowed targets field of your abilities. This can often save a lot of trigger work.''

Status
Not open for further replies.