• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transparent Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, for starters this shall be a very "unusual" yet original request...

This is a type of new never before seen request with a unclear outcome - I need a transparent model with tons of animations put in together - Mele one handed, dual handed, two handed, ranged, magic etc.... however - this transparent model will be used as a base for a project I am doing... (If you wish to know more read the rest...).

On the transparent model I will add various attachments - thus making the transparent model a type of skeleton for various animations, ofcourse you might ask "Why not just do it on the regular models" - the answer is, I'm going to add in body attachments to customize the appearance, some maps have this, however it's just for the head - I'm planning on making it a "full body character customization" giving the ability to pick out not just your hair and face - but your athletic build and gender pick.

--- merged ---

Hi, this shall be a rather unusual request, still an useful one for me and the future of map-making

Today I shall be needing atransparent model with a mixture of animations put together - Mele one handed, dual handed, two handed, ranged, magic, mounted, spear attacks and so on...(Basically I need a universal unit)....I will be using the transparent model as a base model for an attachment project (If you wish to know more read the rest...).

The transparent model will serve as an invisible base for the attachments - reason for this is, I wish to make a unit customization with them a lot more "individual" giving a person the ability to add hair attachments, face attachments, even set their body constitution - and with all of the animations put in, there would actually be no need for any other units other than the attachments to form one up....

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
I'm not sure if u understand correctly! But I know two option to do that :

Option n°1 : Use Model Editor to make a unit appear as a ghost by changing the meterial of the textures -Change Transparent texture to the Alpha texture, very easy....
Option n°2 : Use Mdlvis to remove the unused part of the body (E.x : eyes - hands...) where there is no attachment like sword, helmet... to make it appear invisible.

It's a little difficult to do that... but, you can try...

Level 7
Alright, to simplify it - yes, I do need an alpha tile texture on it (making the unit completely invisible to the human eye) - however I doubt it would be a problem for the attachments, as a base model already exists

However - I would still need that "universal" animation model, I can put in an alpha texture, yet I would need such a model (along with it being fully compatible with what attachment goes where), and of course a permission to modify it

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Vexorian made such a model, search on Google 'Vexorian Dummy Wc3c'

Status
Not open for further replies.